Some Tea and a Snackbox

Christmas came and went very quickly, and Venice had only just started talking to Draco again. It wasn't until they went to Hogsmeade together on Christmas Eve that they actually interacted. They were in Honeyduke's looking around, and engaging in a conversation Venice was extremely annoyed with. "You know, she really is great, but I'm sorry for annoying you," Draco was saying. "But, I highly suggest going to her tea party next week. It's for all the students who wish to join the Inquisitorial Squad. I reckon it's great for people who don't know her very well, *hm hm*. She has a good side you know, she's treated me better than any other Professor at this school!" Venice was very annoyed with him at this point. She turned to look at him with a very violent look in her eyes. "Draco, I absolutely do not care! That old hag you call a 'good Professor' is the reason why this school year is rubbish!" She snapped at him, and went back to looking at some Chocolate Frogs. Draco frowned to himself. Why didn't she want to at least try to get on Umbridge's good side?

A little bit later, they went to go have tea in Madam Paddifoot's tea shop on the corner. They sat down at a table, and stared outside at the snow that was steadily falling by this point. "I've never really liked snow, you know," Draco said quietly. Venice turned to look at him, and asked "Why?" "Dunno, I guess it's just cold and wet and makes moving around this stupid little town even harder," He explained. Venice continued staring outside, not caring about Draco's opinions. She loved snow. It was her favourite part about winter, and loved to look at it. "What's the matter?" Draco suddenly asked, after a minute or so of silence. "Nothing, why?" Venice questioned. "You've seemed plenty different lately, I guess," Draco continued. "Is everything okay?" He asked in a somewhat sweet and caring tone. "Yes, everything is splendid, thank you very much!" Venice said at once, and quietly sipped her tea when the waitress brought it to them. "You know, it's been a year since we went to the Yule Ball together," He said, with a twinkle in his eye as he looked at her. "Oh, right," Venice said, remembering that magical night. She actually had fun, and enjoyed herself. Draco wasn't as much of a selfish jerk back then. She guessed his true side had finally decided to show. "That night was fun, wasn't it?" He said, continuously trying to get her attention. What was wrong with her? Draco thought. "Yeah, extremely," Venice agreed, with the smallest tone of sarcasm in her voice that Draco did not detect. On the path walking into Zonko's, Venice saw Fred and George walking together, in deep conversation. Venice felt a flood of warmth come through to her, and quickly said to Draco "Alright, I think we should go now. Thanks so much for the tea, you really didn't have to," She said, smiling to herself as she watched George disappear into the shop. "Oh, um, alrighty then, let's go, shall we?" Draco said, standing up and holding his arm up for Venice to take it. She took it reluctantly, and they walked back up to the castle.

It was Christmas morning, and Venice was still sleeping, until Venice's owl Suzy came flying through the window holding a note. It started pecking Venice's sleeping face until she woke up with a start. "What the bloody hell do you want?" She asked it tiredly. She saw the note on its leg and snatched it out of its rope. Venice opened it, and read it:

Please come sit with us at breakfast, we have some stuff to discuss! -Hermione

Sleepily, Venice got up and got dressed. She was about to go downstairs until she saw a small package at the foot of her bed. It was brown, and looked like it was lazily wrapped. Venice picked it up, and looked for a name, but there was none. She sat down on her bed and opened it, to reveal nothing other than a Skiving Snackbox, by Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Venice laughed, and looked at its contents. She had seen Fred and George working on their products secretly around the grounds and the library, and had always thought they were quite cool. Venice knew immediately that George had sent it to her. She smiled widely to herself, and proceeded to go downstairs for breakfast.

When she arrived at the great hall, she looked to her left to see the Slytherin table full of stubborn people who refuse to sit with other houses. She saw among them was the familiar boy with blond hair. He was chatting away with Pansy Parkinson, of course. Who else would that git talk to? Then, she looked to her right and saw the Hufflepuff table, that was occupied with an even mixture of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. Among them were her friends Philly and Isabella. Venice then looked forward to see the Gryffindor table, and immediately saw Hermione, with Ron and Harry. She went to go sit with them, and when Hermione spotted her she said "Merry Christmas, Venice!". Sitting down beside her, Venice then said "Merry Christmas to you too, Hermione,". Beaming, Hermione then looked to Harry and Ron, who were sitting across from them eating so much it looked like they thought they were never going to see food again. "So, we were just wondering what your opinion was on how often we should have D.A. meetings, after winter break of course," Hermione explained. "I think as often as possible would be good, because what kind of stuff are we actually learning with that old pink thing? Nothing!" Venice said, staying her opinion on the matter. "Yeah, that was what I was thinking!" Ron said, looking up from his food. "But, we do need to keep in mind Quidditch practices for the houses. But, I assume we can forget about the Slytherin schedule?" Harry asked, also looking up. "Oh, of course. Days on Quidditch practices would we great, I can't stand Malfoy at some times," Venice said. Hermione looked at her with curiosity. "Why are you still dealing with him then? It's kind of obvious you're not feeling it too much," Hermione said questioningly. "I don't know, I'm still thinking things over," Venice said, her voice trailing off when Ginny approached the table. "Merry Christmas, you guys!" She beamed, sitting down beside Harry. "Merry Christmas, Ginny," Ron said with a mouthful of food. "Ew, Ron, that's absolutely revolting," She said, disgusted. "So, Venice! What did you get for Christmas?" Ginny asked her excitedly, then exchanged a hopeful glance and smirk with Hermione. "Oh, I received one of those Snackboxes from your brothers," Venice said, smiling to herself. "Ah, right. Yeah, I should tell you, it was George who sent it. Used your owl when she was out and mailed it to your dorm last night. He was going to attach a note, but he decided against it because he had nothing really to say," Ginny explained. "How do you know all of this?" Venice asked suspiciously. "Oh, he may have cleared some things with me first, because I know you well!" Ginny said, with a super giddy tone in her voice. "Well it's really nice, and I think it will be great for some Umbridge situations, if you get what I'm saying," Venice said, laughing. Ginny laughed too.

Later in the afternoon, Venice was in the Slytherin common room when Draco came in. "Hey, Evans," he said, sitting down beside her on one of the plush couches. Venice was reading the Daily Prophet: Christmas Edition. "Hey," she said sternly to him. "I got you something for Christmas," Draco said, pulling something out of his pocket. It was a small package of sherbet lemons; Venice's favourite candy. "Aww, thanks Draco!" Venice said, hugging him. He leaned in to kiss her, and she reluctantly fought through the urge of wanting to throw up. Her stress was building up inside of her, and she didn't know how much longer she could hold it all in.