The Ride Away

The next day went by very quickly. But, Venice remembered one peculiar thing about it.

Venice was walking through the corridor of the train, and Draco came walking the opposite way. As they were passing eachother, Venice accidentally brushed her arm against him. When she touched him, she felt a wisp of cold air and sadness. As Venice turned around to say "Sorry," he was walking backwards, facing her. "It's er- alright, Venice," He said, and tried to form a smile with his lips, but all they could do was a slight curl. He turned around, and started rubbing his forearm fiercely, and walked into the other compartment.

Venice was sitting in Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and Harry's compartment eating treats and talking about what they were going to do in the summer. Quidditch was among the popular suggestions, as well as seeing Fred and George in Diagon Alley. As Venice was laughing at a joke, Venice felt the cold sensation again. She turned her head to look out the window of the compartment door to see Draco walking by. He looked into the compartment and saw Venice. He did the weird half-smile again and continued walking. The sensation went away, and everything went back to normal. "Did you guys feel that?" Venice asked the group. "Feel what?" Hermione asked. "As Draco went by, it felt colder," Venice said. Ron laughed. "Wouldn't be the first time!" He exclaimed. Harry laughed, then turned his head toward Venice. "That's strange. I didn't feel anything." Harry said to her. "Me neither. Are you sure you're feeling okay, Venice?" Ginny asked. Venice gave a weary smile. "I'm going mental!" She said. They laughed and went back to their conversations.

As Draco was walking down the train, he saw Venice. Her wavy hair fell to her shoulders, covering her eyes a little bit. He had the urge to grab her and push the hair out of her eyes. Gah, her eyes! Beautiful grey-green eyes that he loved to look at. He never wanted anyone to know how he felt about the mudblood. Deep inside he could never forgive himself for trying to abandon her. But he had to. For her own safety. His family was vicious around mudbloods. If they found out, he would be dead meat. As she brushed up against him, her warmth came as a surprise. "Sorry," he heard her mutter. He turned to look at her. "It's er- alright, Venice," was all he could say back. The girl he loved was walking away from him.

Once the train stopped in Kings Cross station, Venice's lot grabbed their bags and got off the train. "Mum!" Ginny called, as they followed her to a very ginger woman, with unkept yet beautifully vintage clothing. "Ah, Ron, Ginny!" The woman exclaimed, pulling her children into a big hug. A ginger man all of a sudden came up beside the woman. "Harry! Good to see you!" He said, and gave Harry a handshake. "Where's Venice, dear? I would like to meet the girl that is staying in my house!" She said to Ginny. "Mum, she's right here," Ginny said as she pointed to Venice. "Oh, dear I'm sorry! It's a great pleasure to have you in our home!" The lady, who was presumably Mrs. Weasley, said. "Thanks for er- having me," Venice said as she was pulled into a tight hug. "It was absolutely no problem at all!" Mrs. Weasley said, letting go of Venice. "Alright, shall we go?" The man who must be Mr. Weasley said, and started leading them out of the station.