Chapter 6: Why So Serious?-Alice Of Human Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

She pulls the knife out, and looks at it. She grazes the blade with her tongue. "Hm, you need to take better care of your knives. They're so dull. If this were sharp it would have gone right through my skull. All the way to the other side!" Alice grabs the tip of the knife with the tip of her fingers. Flinging it back at Blood. She just barely avoids it, but her fast reflexes save her. What she doesn't know is that Alice wasn't really trying to aim to hurt her.

Blood growls and lunges at the computer screen, but Alice unplugs it. She giggles, and hears the door click open. "Ah, not again. Bye bye, Blood!" Alice ducks under the desks, and manages to sneak past Laughing Jack, who was looking for her in the computer lab.

"Nine, ten, eleven, twelve!" Back at the center she heads to the left of where she came from. Enjoying this game more and more. With each level becoming fun. She twirls towards the next corridor and skips away.

Alice pokes her head into one of the classrooms. She finds Broken with her back turned to her as she studies along with Masky. Alice puts her hands to her mouth, and makes sounds of thunder, starts flickering the lights, startling Broken. Masky holds on to her to comfort her. It helps until they hear Alice giggle. Broken shows raging red eyes at her.

Alice giggles at her, and waits for Broken's attack. Masky keeps her down though, not wanting Broken to get into trouble because of Alice's provocations. 

"Why so serious?" Alice questions them. 

"Get out of here, Alice." Masky says to her. Alice casts her eyes to the side. 

"Hm, lucky you. I have to run anyway." Alice winks at them before skipping away.

"Run away? Why would she be running away from someone. That doesn't make any sense." Masky mentions to Broken who had finally started to settle down. Though, her fear went away to replace it with embarrassment.

"I-I think she's playing a game of chase. Yeah... Um, thank you, Masky." Broken pulls herself back from her companion. She can't see his expression under his mask, but hopes that she didn't hurt him or something. 

"No problem."

"Thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen!" Alice now takes the right of all of the paths she has taken. Feeling her captor nearing and nearing. She barely got a chance to stop in the center as she makes her way to her next destination.

"Hello!" Scarlet says happily as Alice walks into the cafeteria. Alice waves at her and Silver. "You've been everywhere today, haven't you?" Scarlet questions Alice, sliding over a water bottle to her. She takes it and drinks it all in a couple gulps.

"It's part of the game." Alice says twirling around their table. "I'm guessing Laughing Jack has been through here, right?" Alice questions resting in between Silver and Scarlet.

"Yes, he seems to be entertained. How long do you plan to run away?" Silver questions Alice. She inspects her clean nails, and tilts her head to the side. 

"Until I'm caught! Or until I get bored." She says giggling. 

"When is that?" Scarlet questions. Alice shrugs, and takes a small piece of cake from Scarlet's tray. She yelps and pouts at the loss of her cake.

"Why are you running from him?" Silver questions her. Alice's eyes flash red. 

"Alice is bored." She answers in third person. 

"Well, you'd better run, Alice. He's here." Scarlet says with a giggle at her sing song voice. Alice stands up straight. He is right at the door, and starts to walk towards them. Alice backs away slowly before turning around, and running.

"Seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty!" Alice doesn't stop at the center, and keeps going. Getting a little agitated at the fact that she can't seem to shake off Laughing Jack. She laughs to herself, and slows down to a skip.

"ALICE!" Carrie jumps on the unsuspecting girl that had stopped outside. Alice manages to get away from the bouncy girl by sliding to the side. 

"Carrie, I see you've been getting into sweets again." She says watching her intently. 

"Yup! Yes! Uh huh! YEAH!" She says really fast, and hardly pausing each word. Alice nods her head, and looks around.

"WhatAreYouLookingFor?!" She questions hardly making any sense, but Alice managed to understand in some way. 

"Laughing Jack." She answers. Carrie nods her head rapidly. Making her hair land on her face. It brings giddy giggles to her.

"There! There! There! Over there!" She says pointing to the school entrance. Alice silently curses to herself.

"Hey, Carrie?" Alice questions her. 

"Yes?! What?! Huh?!" She questions jumping after every word. 

"Would you mind combusting right about now?" Alice questions her. 

"Why?!YouHaven'tDoneAnythingMeanToMe!" She says moving her head from side to side. Alice sighs, and reluctantly pulls a bag of sweets out of her bag. Carrie squeals, and combusts. Alice uses the cover of the fire to run away yet again. Tossing the bag away from the fire.

"Twenty one, twenty two, twenty three, twenty four!" Alice's foot just barely manages to touch the emblem before she runs away yet again. Feeling herself actually becoming even more excited. If she had a heart, it would be pounding like crazy at the moment. Her face is flushed as the excitement causes pleasure.

Alice stops near the exit as she sees Yuki trying to take the lock off the only other exit of the school. Yuki notices her, and then smiles, hugging Alice, looking up at her. Alice pushes her away gently. "Yuki, remember. I don't like the gentle touch of people." Yuki frowns. 

"Stop rejecting me!" She says harshly. She ends up stomping in annoyance. Alice giggles at her temper tantrum.

"Try not to be so harsh, Yuki. I'm sure you'd like to make friends here." Alice says petting her cheek. "Is naughty Yuki trying to escape?" Alice questions her. 

"YES! I hate this place! It's the worst!" She complains to Alice. Showing obvious contempt for the Academy. Alice nods her head.

"That's no fun. If you leave I won't follow my lovely friend." Alice says tilting her head to the side with a sweet smile that anyone could believe. Yuki blushes at the compliment. 

"I'm glad you're not a man, Alice." Yuki says reaching for Alice's bloody bang. She stops her yet again. 

"Ah, ah, ah. Be content that I talk to you." Alice says shaking her finger in front of Yuki's face. She takes that finger, and bites into it until she draws blood. Shivering at the taste of the metallic liquid striking her tongue. Making her ecstatic.

Alice pulls her finger away. "Don't be selfish. This world isn't always about you." Alice says to her. Yuki scoffs at the idea, Alice giggles. "Alright. The world is all yours." Alice says curtsying. "Now, if you'll excuse me I have-" When Alice turns around she is caught.

"Got you." Laughing Jack says. Yuki frowns, and glares at him. He smiles smugly at her. "I win this game today, Alice." He says closing in on her. Yuki reaches for her blades hiding in each of her boots.

"Don't touch her." Yuki says ominously. Laughing Jack takes Alice into a dancing position, and twirls them out of the reach of Yuki's blades. Alice can't help but laugh at the jealousy and anger.

"Thanks for worrying, Yuki. I'll be leaving with him though." Alice says with a giggle. Yuki frowns, and stabs the door with her knives.

"I can't leave now. I have to go after that. . .Boy." She says with a glare. Watching the two killers twirling around in a maddening dance, further and further away from her. Yuki pulls her knives back and slowly makes her way after them as they dance further and further away. 

"Everyone is so serious. They need to lighten up!" Alice is dipped and her fingertips brush against the emblem one last time. Laughing Jack lifts her back up into a standing position and looks down at her flushed face. She looks satisfied and ready to end her day.

"Well, that will be no problem."