Chapter 3

Looking at myself in the mirror, I could almost say I felt confident with what was reflected.

"Daisy, you look great!" Audrey exclaimed happily, clearly excited by the look I was sporting.

I wore a dark maroon, halter top dress that fell just above my knees. It was by far the shortest dress I'd ever worn.

I rarely ever wore dresses, so this was a huge milestone for me.

Audrey had curled my hair, something I almost never did. I had always been scared to hold a scorching rod in my hand, holding it blindly behind my head, hoping I wouldn't burn myself.

To top it all off, she also did my makeup; something else I never really did. But what she did was very minimalistic, just enough to accentuate the features of my face, especially my eyes.

My eyes were like any other, or so it seemed. They're a blueish grey color. Sometimes they even looked a bit green. A lot of times they are mainly grey with a blue hue to them.

Since my dress was on the casual side, I managed to pull it off with my black converse sneakers.

"Ready?" Audrey asked, grabbing her keys.

"I believe so." I responded, clutching my phone in my right hand.

As if on cue, Alek walked right on in.

"Who's ready to get lit?!?"

I couldn't help but laugh at Alek's rhetorical question.

Alek stood about five feet eleven inches tall, unlike Audrey who was a mere five foot four. Seeing them give each other a hug and a kiss always made me feel slightly sick to my stomach. Probably because I was jealous that I hadn't ever experienced anything remotely close to what they had.

I had originally thought we would be taking Audrey's car, but when we walked out, we headed to Alek's brand new F-250.

Sitting in the back seat, I wasn't surprised I was going to be the third wheel. It has always been this way... at least after they had started dating back in November. Ever since then, our friendship seemed to change. I suppose I could call it jealousy, but Audrey was just getting busier and busier. Of course we had our jobs, but even with them being part time, she seemed to constantly be with her boyfriend. I thought I was going to be able to take advantage of her offer for this weekend, due to the fact we hadn't seen each other in almost a month.

One of the things I was nervous about tonight was the fact that I was going to be split up from them at some point. Whether that would be earlier or later was indistinguishable. I just knew I would have to prepare myself mentally for that to happen.

"We should come up with a plan in case we somehow get split up." I mentioned, making sure Audrey had that thought in her head so there would be a chance she wouldn't be too entranced with her boyfriend the entire night.

"We should be fine," she spoke, "besides, how packed could it really be?"

Well. There goes my mental backup plan.

Sighing quietly in my seat, I watched as we approached downtown. I shouldn't have expected a choice in where we were exactly going, because by the time I really gave it thought, we were pulling into the parking lot of TNT, one of the biggest nightclubs in town.

It didn't take Alek long to park, and being the socially awkward person I am, I trailed behind the two as we walked up to the club.

As we walked across the freshly paved parking lot, the music grew louder. I wasn't sure if I could make out exactly what was playing, but I didn't care at that point. My mind had already begun to race with excitement, fear, and what seemed to be anticipation.