Chapter 35

He awoke to the disturbing sensation of not being able to breathe. Ice cold water slowly trickled down his throat to his lungs, choking him quickly in his state of panic. Screaming, he could only do so much as to gurgle up the water he was submerged in, and try to fight his way out. But there was a firm hand forcing his head down, and he couldn't find his arms anywhere.

Luckily, the hand brought him back up to air; where he breathed in the gasp of relief that his burning lungs so desperately needed. His eyes started to adjust to the light as a figure emerged from his blurry eyesight.

"Well.. look what we have here." A horrendously familiar voice cooed.

Bucky's eyes darted from side to side, trying to gather his surroundings, until finally, the image came together.

"Welcome back. We've been expecting you." Said Yanick, looking down at him.

After putting together his thoughts, he realized he was in a chair, with both arms and legs tied up. Yanick was looking at him with frightening amusement, almost as if planning what to do with him. He hoped he would have never had to see his face again. He hoped that he and Rose would..

Rose

All of a sudden, memories flooded back into his head like a violent current. First it was escaping the base, then leaving Radmila, the night in the warehouse, and getting taken again. And most importantly, Rose. He began to pull his limbs with all of his might, hoping to break the rope that held them.

"WHERE IS SHE!" Bucky yelled, vengeance in his eyes.

"Let me guess.. you got lonely one night and she was available for all of your.... needs?"

Bucky did nothing but glare at him with hatred.

Yanick leaned in closer to Bucky, making sure that he was the only one who could hear what he was about to say.

"Because I have found her to be very useful for those 'needs'. She'll let you do anything as long as you hold her down hard enough." Yanick snickered, teasingly.

This caused Bucky to loose his control. He violently shook his whole body, yelling slurs and curses, trying to express his anger. But nothing could calm him down... he was as crazed as a rabid animal.

"You bastard.." He spat, snarling. He couldn't contain his heartache as his eyes started to water.

"Oh no..." Yanick started once he saw Bucky's eyes.

"You love her. Tsk Tsk Tsk." he continued.

Bucky yet again did nothing but glare.

"That will make it more difficult, but oh well." He said, as he started to exit the room.

"Make what more difficult?" Bucky asked, calling after him.

Yanick stopped in front of the doorway, not even bothering to look back.

"Tomorrow you will fight. Only one will survive." He said. Then, he left.

~

"Get off me!" Rose kicked and screamed as two strong men were forcefully leading her down a narrow hallway towards a room that she knew all too well. The guards next to her held her arms with force and wore emotionless faces. Behind them, Baron Aldrich followed.

They turned into the room and immediately Rose felt herself being forced down into a chair, with her arms and legs already being tied back. The lights flickered on and when she saw where they were, she let out a loud gulp.