Chapter 32

"We definitely have to clean this mess up before Radmila sees it." Rose said, then added, "She's already about to kick us out."

"What are you talking about? She loves us!" Bucky argued while chomping on a carrot.

"Bucky... she hates us. We drank her vodka, trashed the kitchen... " She countered.

"Don't forget she walked in on us when..." He chuckled, pointed his half eaten carrot stick at her.

"I remember." She cut him off, rolling her eyes.

He walked over to stand next to her, leaning against the counter.

"Besides...If she really hated us, why would she be letting us stay?" He asked, handing her a carrot stick.

"Because sending us out would be murder." She replied solemnly, and poked Bucky in the ribs with the carrot stick, making him jump.

After months of hiding out at Radmilas to gather their surroundings and figure out what they were going to do, they were still terrified to leave. Not only because of Hydra, but because of the world. The world that they have been missing, that has been changing while they were....away. Occasionally, Bucky and Rose would sit down and come up with some sort of plan. But they would only get as far as exiting the front door. Now, it wasn't just Bucky returning to America. It was the both of them. And wherever they were going, it unfortunately required a plan.

"I'll start on the floor." Bucky looked around, looking overwhelmed.

"Good idea." She said as she grabbed a cloth, and started on the counter top.

Her hand glided over the cold counter top collecting globs of egg when she spotted a picture frame turned over. Picking it up and cleaning the egg whites off of it, her eyes grew wide as the picture was unveiled.

"Bucky....." She gasped, her heart almost stopping.

Alarmed at the tone of her voice, he rushed over immediately.

"What happened?" He asked quickly.

She pointed a trembling finger towards the picture frame, as if incapable of speaking.

And in the picture was a smiling Radmila, hugging a very happy Anya.

"It's her.... It's the teacher.." She barely managed.

Bucky's let out an astonished whisper,

"Anya...."

A flashback immediately played in his head of him and Anya speaking during one of the lessons. She was telling him of how she was taken by Hydra while getting water from a well for her family... A mother, a father.......

And a sister.

"Oh my god.... They were sisters" Bucky realized.

Rose's eyes filled with tears as she realized that they were the reason Anya wasn't standing exactly where they were right now, in her own sister's house. They were responsible for her death, responsible for the continuation of Radmila's pain and suffering over her newly discovered lost sister....and now Rose was unsure if she could stay in this house one more minute. The very thought of spending one more night made her want to rip her own heart out and give it to Radmila.

"We have to get out of here..." She whispered to herself, as her eyes locked on Anya's face.

"Bucky..." She started and grabbed his arm for support.

"We have to leave." She said solemnly.

"Where will we go...?" He asked

"Anywhere but here. I can't look at Radmila and know that we're responsible for her sister's death."

She said, shaken up.

"Ok." He looked into her eyes with a sense of understanding.

They grabbed their belongings, which consisted of a few tshirts and a few pairs of pants, as well as a few dollars, and made their way towards the door.

"Wait!" Rose stopped.

She grabbed a piece of paper and pencil and quickly scribbled,

Thank you for everything.

-Rose and Bucky

They exited the door, not looking back.

MEANWHILE....

Heavy boots thumped across the snow in a synced rhythm, hundreds of men marching in straight lines. The whole scene translated to power; the very mark of Hydra worn on each chest. What made it even more terrifying was the shrill voice of Baron Aldrich's voice echoing through the air.

"March!" He commanded, his nose pointed up as if sniffing for clues.

Everything about this man resembled the sharpest K-9, as if trained to be an animal. His senses sharp, his face unmoving, and his sense of mercy....non-existent. He was no doubt the scariest human being anyone would ever lay eyes on. Second in command to Johann Schmidt, he was responsible for mission plans, recruitment, and all forms of weaponry....including assassins.

"We are not leaving here until they are found!" He yelled, referring to Bucky and Rose.

Hours of marching later, they finally came to a halt when Baron Aldrich stopped in his tracks.

"What is it?" A soldier asked him when he noticed him observing the area.

"Sh...." He sternly shushed him and held up his hand.

He walked towards the snow he spotted from the corner of his eye. Crouching down, he looked down at the snow and saw an extremely faint, but still visible blood outline of what looked like a body. He picked up a sample and held it in his hand.

Soft laughs came from the back of his throat as he moved the snow around in his hand.

Feeling extremely gratified, his eyes wore an evil glimmer as he whispered to himself,

"Thought you could hide forever."

__________________________________________________-

A/N:

There simply is no excuse for my absence from wattpad, and I'm so sorry it took so long. Luckily, I have more motivation to write now and I will try for this to never happen again!!

So there are people in the world who have already watched Civil War!!! OMG! I'm seeing it in 19 days! I'm so excited. Hopefully I can tie in this story with it :)

Once again, I'm so sorry for the long wait :(

I love you guys, and can't thank you enough for sticking with this story. It means so much.

Much love,

-L