CHAPTER 9: THE STRANGE MANSION

Magsimula sa umpisa

Well, he deserved it. Uh, See? I guess this is how we say our good morning to each other.

After we ate our breakfast ay nakatanggap kami ng email mula kay Hazel. We exchanged emails yesterday after Gray said that we will help her find the other will na maaring nasa mansion lamang ni Jedidiah Wheatly kung saan nananatili sina Jodie at Hazel.

She told us that the will might be in the mansion where Jedidiah lived and nursed by Helena Higson and her husband Dion Romano dahil si Jedidiah mismo ang sumulat niyon after he consulted his lawyers.
He was a half-British, born and raised in the Philippines but he wasn't married. Nanirahan ito sa London and lived a British lifestyle. Jedidiah's late wife was a cousin of the Higsons. Yumao ito nang hindi man lamang nabibigyan ng anak si Jedidiah.
Hazel and Jodie's grandparents were Jedidiah's cousin at nang maulila sila ay napunta sila sa pangangalaga ni Jedidiah.

Hazel met us at Regent's Park that morning. Kasama nito si Jodie nang magkita kami. She said in the email that we can stay at the mansion.

"Thank you for accepting my invitation. Nakausap ko na rin ang mga kaibigan ni Lolo Jed. I told them about the two if you and they're hoping that we can really find the other will", wika niya.

"Walang ano man iyon Hazel. But ayos lamang ba sa mga Higson na manatili kami sa mansion?", I asked her. Baka kasi magalit ang mga Higson kapag manatili kami sa mansion. Gray said that we'll stay there for a day or two if Hazel can find a way to let us stay there. Suportado naman ni Sir Arman ang "misyon" namin. Napag-usapan kasi namin kagabi sa hapunan ang tungkol sa mga balak naming gawin sa loob ng dalawang linggo naming pananatili doon.

"Don't worry about it Amber. I told Aunt Helena na may mga kaibigan akong dadalhin sa mansion at pumayag naman siya. Don't worry about her sister, Aunt Adella na masungit. Their youngest sibling was Uncle Zach", she said. "By the way, if ever we'll find another will, does it render the old one void and null?"

"Yes. We'll ask a lawyer to contest the old will", Gray said. "My mom's a lawyer and I asked her if we can do that and she said yes. It's applicable in the British law."

"But are you sure that it's really in the mansion?", I asked.

"I overheard them spoke about a written will by Jedidiah himself and it was signed and witnessed by some lawyers both those lawyers were gone. One died due to his sickness, the other one was of car accident and the last is murdered", wika niya.

"What? Is that a coincidence?", hindi makapaniwalala kong tanong and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Who knows."

"Looks like you heard that much Gray. So, paano? Let's go to the mansion", Hazel said at sumakay na kami.

It just took us few minutes bago kami dumating sa Wheatly Mansion and I was surprised to see the house! It was a huge one at nagmukha itong royal abode! On the yard was an angel statue and it was in the middle of a huge fountain. There were flowers of different varieties on the side of the Tudor-styled mansion. It looks so old but heck,you can call it a palace dahil sa lawak niyon. Sinalubong kami ng pamilyar na mukha ng lalaki. He was one of the passenger of the same flight where we have been.

"Sila na ba ang mga bisita mo Hazel?", he asked with a smile. He was a man around mid-30's.

"Opo Uncle. This is Gray and ito naman si Amber", pakilala ni Hazel at bumaling sa amin."He's Uncle Zach."

We exchanged greetings at sinamahan niya kami papasok. Habang naglalakad ay panay ang kwento niya. Ayon sa kanya, he spent most his life sa Pilipinas at ngayon lamang siya nakapunta dito. Tanging si Helena lamang ang nanatili sa London upang alagaan ang matanda at madalang itong dalawin no Adella.