Chapter 10 : Learning

{written by thewalkingdolans}

"izzy's gone m.i.a" i said to grayson who shrugged. "it's better than her being hated." he said, causing me to sigh.

"do you think we'll be good parents?" i asked grayson, who wrapped his arms around me. "of course babe, dont worry." he said kissing my forehead, "maybe izzy can show me how to care for a baby." i suggested, sitting up and getting dressed.

"you dont even know where she is." gray said, "but, she will always answer me, she doesnt have anyone else that likes her." i said, grabbing my phone and leaving.

a: "hey, where are you? i need to talk to you."
i: im at nates. dont tell anyone.
a: ill be over soon.

i mean, it does make sense that she would be at nates. they do have a daughter together.

i arrived at nates, i hesitantly knocked on the door.

nate answered, looking half asleep and annoyed.

"you okay?" i questioned him. "i have a bad ass hangover." he groaned, "izzy's in the kitchen." he said, opening the door more, then closing it after me.

the smell of bacon and pancakes filled my nose, i saw izzy putting bacon, pancakes, and eggs on plates and filling glasses with orange juice for nate and derek.

"here." izzy said, handing nate tomato juice. "it's tomato juice, it cures hangovers." she said, he drank it and looked disgusted.

"hi deliah." i cooed, playing with her hand. izzy took her out of the kangaroo on her chest.

"wanna hold her?" she questioned. i nodded. she put the baby in my arms and manuvered my arms to correctly hold deliah.

"always support the neck." she said.

"what'd you need to talk to me about?" she asked. "well, me and gray are back to getting married, and we're trying for kids. so i was wondering if you would like to teach me how to take care of a baby." i said nervously.

"of course." izzy said, "first lesson is feeding." she said, walking over to the high chair in the kitchen next to the table.

i put deliah in her high chair, and buckled her in, then put the tray back on the seat.

she handed me a glass container, of baby food, along with a rubber covered spoon.

"lets see if you can do this better than nate." she said laughing a little. "what'd you do nate?" i asked, as i unscrewed the lid.

"i dropped the baby food and izzy threw the spoon at me." he said sighing. "deliah had food all over her."

i took a small spoonful of the baby food, and fed it to her, "you can also do this if she gets it on her chin." izzy spoke quietly, getting the food that fell on her chin with the spoon, and feeding it to her.

i did it myself, and i honestly felt like a mother. the thought of having a child of mine one someday made me really happy. i started crying, and everyone knew why.

"nate, can you finish feeding deliah?" izzy asked, before leading me to her room.

"let it out." izzy said, hugging me as i sobbed in her shoulder.

"i should've never had an abortion, i want a baby so bad izzy. to think that the baby i killed could've been as happy as deliah, i just wish i can turn back time, i dont know why i did that. the thought of being a bad mother scares me izzy." i cried.

"hey, you'll be a great mom okay? if anything now is a great time to have kids. your engaged, you have people that support you, and will love you and your baby. your in a good place, and you wont have to worry about a thing." izzy said. i nodded, wiping my tears.

"a baby is alot of work april, and you wouldnt have been able to handle that responsibility back then. but now, your ready for a baby and all the responsibilites that come with." she added.

"what do i learn next?" i questioned. izzy smiled, "changing a diaper." she said, and we went back to the kitchen.

"come on deliah, just eat." nate groaned as she cried. izzy kissed nates cheek and whispered something in his ear, and he moved away.

"is someone giving daddy a hard time?" izzy asked, trying to feed her but she closed her mouth.

"nate, she's not hungry anymore." izzy sighed, wiping her mouth with a bib.

"explains." he said scratching the back of his neck.

"i guess we have to wait for her to go to the bathroom." i said, izzy nodded in agreement.

"whats up with you two?" i asked nate and izzy. "we're trying to repair things. for deliah's sake." she answered, "things are actually better than before." nate said, i awed.

izzy went red.

nate took deliah from me, as me and izzy had to wait for her to go to the bathroom. izzy started to wash dishes as nate played with deliah.

"that's so cute dude." i said, watching nate play with his daughter.

"i can't wait till that's grayson." i said, daydreaming.

"he'll be a great dad. he's so sweet, he'll spoil the hell out of your guys' kids." izzy said, loading the last dish into the dishwasher.

@ aprildolan : the new dad. this is the cutest moment ! 😍❤

i uploaded a photo of nate smiling brightly, and deliah was laughing while nate held her.

"i think she peed." nate said, "thats our cue." izzy said, going to a corner in the living room, and grabbing a diaper, wipes, and baby powder.

"so this is the back okay, you put it under her, bring the front up, and connect the straps. but before that, you of course, wipe her, and put baby powder to
prevent diaper rash." izzy told me.

I was shocked and amazed at the same time . Having and taking care of a baby is hard work .