77

jorDONEwithu- im outside.

syndicutie- yes, i know. i heard the car horn honk millions of times.

jorDONEwithu- just get out here

* * *

Tom's POV

I grabbed my house keys and stuck my phone in my pocket before heading outside.

Jordan sat impatiently in his car. He had his head rested against his hand and was looking out the window.

I got into the passenger seat and buckled, not saying a single word. It was awkward.

"Did you bring your house keys with you?" Jordan asked.

I nodded. "Why?"

"Just wondering."

Jordan pulled out of the driveway and began the drive towards Erin's house.

The radio was playing quiet music. I looked out the window.

"Hey, uh.. Jordan, I'm really sorry about the way I acted." I apologized. I was hating how terrible I felt and how awkward it was.

"Yeah."

"I'm such an asshole. How do you even put up with me?" I asked, chuckling.

We stopped at a red light. I had my arm rested on the console. Jordan placed his hand on top of mine.

"Because."

The rest of the drive to Erin's house was silent.

Jordan still had his hand on top of mine. Sometimes he would rub his thumb back and forth across my hand, making me want to jump out of the car to hide my blushing face.

When we reached Erin's, Sonja was sitting in a small blue kiddie pool on the front lawn.

I laughed. "Babe, look at Sonj."

I smirked when I saw Jordan's face go red.

I got out of the car and walked to Sonja. She was playing a game on her phone.

"Hi, Sonja. Having fun?"

"You bet your ass I am," Sonja said, cursing when her character died. "Why are you here? I thought Jordan was pissed at you."

"We made up? I think. I apologized and he did the thumb rubbing thing and I wanted to die, but here I am."

"Thumb rubbing thing?" Sonja asking curiously.

"Yeah. Like, he put his hand on top of mine and, like, rubbed his thumb back and forth across my hand. I was blushing so much, Sonja. I absolutely wanted to fucking die."

"Shut up about your cute relationship. I'm single and hearing this makes me scream louder inside my head."

I laughed. "Love you, Sonj."

"Fuck off."

I went inside the house. Music was playing over a stereo system and I could smell food.