Oh how Louis would smile and wrap his arms around the lanky boy with a nod.

Harry decided that was what hurt the most about the stunt.

How authentic everything was.

The brighter his relationship with Louis blossomed, the harder it became.

Everyday was a perfect picture of the life he'd never have with a boyfriend that would never be his.

How cruel the world was.

~

"Haz we need to get going, you ready?" Liam's voice traveled through the wooden door.

"One minute," Harry called back.

"We can get ice cream or something after the interview if you want H," Liam replied after sensing the tiredness in Harry's voice.

Harry smiled at the floor, Liam never failed to cheer him up.

"Niall, you ready mate?" Liam's voice drifted off down the hallway.

Harry opened his door and smiled as he saw Louis coming out of his room too.

Louis looked up, grinning at Harry who stood shyly in the door frame.

"Hello darling," Louis jokingly greeted his friend.

Harry rolled his eyes and scrunched up his nose in an effort to hide his fondness.

Pet names were more or less a silly joke between the two now. They were using them so much in front of everyone that it was almost hard not to say them at home.

Perhaps the joke part of it all was beginning to lean more towards "or less" on the spectrum, but neither boy would admit it anyways.

"Interview time," Harry mused as he walked towards Louis, reaching his hands out to fix his bandmate's hair.

Louis beamed into his shoulder, allowing the younger boy to play with his fringe.

"Better?" Louis laughed.

Harry smiled, cheeks glowing a pale pink. Everything was better with Louis.

~

"I'd like to welcome onto the show today's biggest boy band: One Direction! More personally known as Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, and Liam Payne," a bright eyed woman announced the group of four as they sat down on the sofa.

Fans cheered from the live audience as the band waved and smiled at the hand drawn posters.

"Thank you for having us," Liam chimed, throwing an arm around the back of the seat.

"It's been a long time since you boys were on our show. So many things have changed!" The woman exclaimed, looking to the group for a reflection.

"It's been a wild ride. We became a four piece this year which was hard I'll admit, but I think now we're even stronger because of it," an Irish voice began.