Little Talks

Accepting his feelings for Harry was like releasing a breath he had been holding for far too long.

And just as Louis had thought years before, loving the brunette boy was as easy as breathing.

So when he stayed still, listening to his bandmate's soft voice melt into the air again, it felt like he was truly existing for the first time in forever.

No longer confined in a bubble of "I can't feel this" and "it's wrong to love that", Louis could be free.

But the chestnut haired boy knew he would have to love Harry quietly.

He would have to love him in secret and when the youngest could never tell.

Just as he was doing now, grinning ear to ear in the middle of the door frame.

Because Louis had no way of knowing the feelings his friend may have had for him years ago, but he knew he didn't have a chance now, not after everything he'd done.

So the boy sighed to himself, accepting their situation and wishing that he might just travel back in time.

"Whatcha singing?" He finally spoke up, walking into the music room and sitting down on a beanbag next to the curly haired boy.

Harry jumped in surprise, turning around and biting his lip in embarrassment as Louis smiled brightly back at him.

"You weren't supposed to hear that quite yet, it's a song for the new album I've been working on."

"I heard you singing a bit the other day...can I hear more?" Louis asked timidly.

Harry paused, swallowing hard, afraid of what Louis might think.

Regardless, he still nodded and began singing, because how could he ever say no to Louis?

"I've got scars, even though they can't always be seen, and pain gets hard..." Harry drifted off not knowing what the next lyric would be.

"M'not sure what comes next," he murmured shyly and looked up to meet his bandmate's gaze.

Louis smiled half heartedly, the lyrics that came out the boy's soft pink lips were actually quite sadder than he had anticipated.

Looking into his innocent green eyes, Louis wished he could know what those lyrics were about.

The youngest looked back at him, getting lost in his stare, so full of questions about what happened to them.

God did he love the boy in front of him. Even without answers, without understanding their relationship, without knowing why Louis walked away, he loved him more than anything.

Louis with his long, long eye lashes and smooth tan skin. Louis with his bright blue eyes so close to him.

Harry blinked hard, turning his head away from the boy and towards the lyrics he had scribbled on the page.

As they sat in silence, the presence of the older boy was getting to be all too much.

"Right..well..yea I know it's bad, I don't know," Harry stuttered awkwardly, using all his willpower not to look back.