Didn't You Know Lying Is a Sin?

Chapter Three of Borrowing God

By Aurora2

Didn't you know lying is a sin?

Recap:

       "I'm here to talk to Camilla."

------------------------------------------------------------

      I stood in my living room, unmoving and unresponsive. Dimly, i could hear both Bryan and Satan calling my name but my eyes didn't look away from the floor. No emotions registered, except for terror. And that is what fueled me to finally snap as Bryan allowed the Devil himself to come inside.  He literally invited Satan into our home! How absurd does that sound? He doesn't know, i reminded myself silently, Bryan doesn't know who this man is. I sighed in relief only to have it swallowed quickly by fear. His intense reddish-brown eyes were now staring at me and i cringed away, half expecting to be on fire at any second.

    "Something wrong, Camilla?" Satan smirked, fully aware that he was scaring the doo doo out of me. I snapped my head up defiantly, pulling my mental mask out and setting the solid, confident smirk back on my face. Nothing fazed me when i went fully into my 'i'm not scared of anything'  charade. He raised his eyebrows, probably wondering if i was going to punch him. That, or he was seeing right through my lies. I liked the first option better.

     "Cami, who is this?" Bryan asked, face scrunched in a mask of confusion. I groaned mentally at the look on Satan's face when my boy friend spoke.

    "Oh so you havn't told him about me? Camilla," Lucifer pouted, his eyes widening and hand covering his heart -that he most likely didn't have- in mock hurt. "I'm sad now. Utterly sad. And i can't even imagine how your lover must feel. I mean, you see someone who is so important and dear to you, but you don't tell you own boy friend? If i were him, i'd be seriously depressed. I don't even know what i would do. I mean seriously-"

    "Okay shut up," I inturrupted in annoyance, taking a few threatening steps toward him. "I just met you yesterday. And i don't want to ever see you again, so you can leave now." I plastered a fake smile on my face, and narrowed my eyes, daring him to argue. Satan shrugged, smirked at me and strolled carelessly back out the door. I blinked, wondering what the catch was. Did he really leave that easily? I hadn't even started to yell yet, or worse, punch him right in his cocky -attractive- face. Letting out a string of curses, i stomped after him and slammed the door without checking to see that he left. Turning angrily, i pulled back just in time to stop myself from crashing headlong into Bryan's chest.

   My boy friend had been quiet while the Devil and I had been talking.  "Who was that, Cami?" He asked, rather demanded in a tone that i didn't quite like. I gave him my angry eye before storming off toward the kitchen, trying to think up something quick. "Camilla don't avoid me."

     I spun quickly, taking Bryan by surprise before i wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight. After a brief hesitation, he hugged me back softly. "I honestly don't know him. He showed up yesterday while you were at work and now he thinks he's in love with me and stuff. I told him to leave last time too."

     Bryan sighed, rubbing little circles on my back with his thumbs, "If he comes back, we are calling the police, okay?"  I nodded against his chest, my smirk falling and being replaced by a frown. It was depressing that he had believed my lies about Satan so easily. I pushed away the guilty feelings, knowing that it was for the best if he didn't get sucked into this with me. No one deserved to be stalked by a creepy guy who's eyes are the color of dark, bloody mud and to top it all off, happens to be Satan.

      Phone buzzing in my pocket, i pulled away from Bryan and yanked it out wearily. Another weirdly blank text with no 'technology jazz' came up as i opened it. Fear coarsed through my veins, turning my blood cold as i read the words on the screen.

"Didn't you know lying is a Sin?

-Lucifer"