It had been so long since the two of them actually just relaxed. They were able to catch up on everything that had happened over the years.

Turns out, Louis thought, that Harry was still very much himself.

The curly haired boy still loved turtles and his dimples even popped out when talking about The Notebook.

Their light banter had reminded Louis of not too long ago. Movie nights were a common occurrence with the five teenagers, and the very first movie they watched was none other than the dramatization of Nicholas Sparks' novel.

The blued eyed boy laughed, remembering exactly how that night went down.

"Harry do you remember the first time we watched The Notebook together?" Louis asked, eyes set on the ducklings waddling along the shore.

"It was a Friday night and Liam was set on Toy Story, but Niall was having it out with him because he wanted to see Grease," Harry began, smile growing impossibly wider.

Louis turned to him, nodding with laughter.
"For the 15th time, it was Nialler's absolute favorite," he added.

"Zayn I'm pretty sure was asleep," Harry giggled, allowing happy memories to fill his mind, even if the raven haired boy was missing from his life.

"And you and I were...sitting on the sofa together," Louis said, voice going softer as he pictured the two of them cuddled up in a fuzzy blanket.

"And so I whispered to you that I had an idea," Harry smiled, matching Louis' tone.

"And you very quietly put in the Notebook while the other lads were arguing."

"Now they hadn't even noticed till ten minutes in."

"But when they did they couldn't tell you to turn it off because, well because you were like our baby. Youngest member of our band, none of us could say no to you," Louis recalled fondly.

"Thank you," Harry rested his head against his shoulder, looking up sideways at Louis.

"For what?" The oldest laughed again.

"All of you cared about me so much, treated me different you know? And at 16 I needed you boys more than you'll ever know Lou," Harry admitted gratefully.

"Of course, it just came naturally," taking care of you just comes naturally, Louis thought. Liam's voice rang in his head as he remembered the night in the dressing room, talking him through the stunt, promising they'd be in it together.

Treating Harry differently wasn't new. Him and the band had protected Harry with everything in them since the day they met.

As Louis watched Harry lay in the sun, he realized that the boy was the same fragile soul he had fell in love with years before.

There was no reason to be nervous, to be afraid that he couldn't handle the boy's anxiety, because he had protected Harry for so long.

Louis sighed in relief, finally coming to the conclusion that they could conquer anything Simon threw at them.

Harry would remain trusting and Louis would shield his boy from anything that might hurt him.

Louis lay down next to Harry, closing his eyes and running a hand through his fringe.

Harry watched his bandmate, admiring the way the sun shined onto him.

"Harry do you think the paps have spotted us yet?" Louis questioned, eyes still closed.

Harry glanced around, unable to find any sign of cameras. The curly haired boy looked back at Louis' shut eyes then once more at the nonexistent paparazzi.