Chapter 9

"She saw everything?" Emerson questioned, eating some fries. I nodded and took a sip of my drink,

"Everything Emerson. Like literally everything. And I don't know how. We're so careful with anything we have because we didn't want to deal with this. Ever."

"God I think my mother would possibly burn me and cut Collin's balls off."

I laughed, "I'm pretty sure that Dad would beat the life out of Isaac.I'm glad it was at his house but I don't think I want to ever go back there."

"Well as much as I want to agree with you on that you'll have too... Especially if the both of you want to spend the rest of your life together."

I sighed and nodded, taking a bite of my burger, "How's Collin doing?"

"Much better... I'm going to stay with him to help him out when he gets discharged tomorrow."

"How did your finals go?"

"Really well! I studied for them night and day and it really showed... Dad knows one of the professors and he said he heard that my marks were easily an A... If I keep this up I could graduate early from university too!"

"Emerson that's amazing! I'm so happy for you!"

She grinned and we ate quietly for a couple minutes.

"So Mom's been working hard to clean the house because Lydia's parents are flying in today to meet everyone."

"Jeez... How's Logan?"

"He's actually working... At the fundraiser in town and he and Lydia are volunteering at career day." I smiled, remembering that Isaac and Randy were also volunteering. 

"I bet your Mom wasn't happy with that."

"Actually she was... Logan and Lydia kept fighting and she was happy to kick them out of the time being. How's your ankle doing by the way?"

"Not too bad, it still hurts but I see the Orthopaedic Doctor next week and he'll determine if I can take the boot off or not."

We finished eating and payed for our food before heading back to the bakery. We hugged each other before she started walking towards her car. I went back in and smiled when I saw Logan and Lydia at the counter ordering baked goods. Logan was in his firefighting pants and a black teeshirt with the firehouse logo and Lydia was in her scrubs.

"Hey guys! I heard you're volunteering in town today!"

Logan nodded, "It was a last minute thing, we got the call probably an hour before it started."

"Well I'm glad you two are at least out of the house. Are your parents meeting you in town?" Lydia nodded, looking up from the case with the desserts,

"Yeah, their plane landed about two hours ago so they should be here any minute." I smiled and washed my hands, going over to the case,

"Can I get two of the cheesecake slices? They look delicious." I nodded and added that to the box of baked goods. Logan pulled out his wallet and I shook my head. Anyone in the family never paid.

"Thank you Bailey. I really appreciate it," Lydia said, opening the box and getting some cheese cake. I smiled and then a BMW pulled up in front of the shop and took the spot that Mom would be needed in less than twenty minutes when she started her shift. A older couple got out, in the most expensive clothes I'd seen. They looked straight out of a catalogue, the woman had wheat blonde hair and then man had dark blond, he was in a suit and she was in a pant suit. Right away I felt the atmosphere change and I knew these were Lydia's parents. Logan cussed under his breath and took Lydia's hand tightly. She looked over at me,