Chapter 1

"Bailey, can you start the next batch of cupcakes and cookies?" Mom asked from the front counter where she was cashing out a customer. I started on the batches, my mind preoccupied with my boyfriend- Isaac. Mom came in and started to ice a wedding cake, looking over at me,

"How was your night?" I smiled, Mom was my best friend. I told her practically everything, except for a few personal details.

"It went really well, we played pictionary and then settled down with a movie, some romance that his mom wanted to watch. His brothers even watched as well."

"That's great honey."

"What did you and Dad do all night? Didn't Emerson take Maisie and Codie to the mall?" Mom nodded,

"Yeah, honestly honey we just had some wine and watched some old reruns."

Now you're probably wondering who Maisie and Codie are, as I'm sure most of you remember my mom mentioning Emerson. Maisie is my younger sister and she's fourteen, and Codie is my youngest sister and she's five. Of course there's still Daniel and Gabriel, who are now twenty-two and already starting their careers as paramedics.

Isaac and I had been dating for almost a year and a half now, and it's hard to believe it's only been that long. Part of me feels like I'd been with Isaac my whole life, but at the same time every day I learn something new about him and it makes me feel like I just met him all over again.

For all of you wondering and for those of you self conscious right now that you don't have a boyfriend or haven't done "it" yet, Isaac was my first serious boyfriend. I'd gone out on a couple dates but none of them stuck. I'd kissed a few people before but nothing much further than a quick peck. I wanted to save all of that until I met the one.

Isaac is the same age as I am, actually a few months younger than me. However, in high school we were always in different circles: I played sports and was on the equestrian team, he took shop classes and worked a lot. He mainly hung out with his best friend and I always hung out with Logan and other team mates.

Then by fluke, he happened to be at a party almost two years ago that Logan was throwing while his parents were in Punta Cana. After more than a few drinks and some sloppy mistakes, we became really close. For almost five months we got close, similar to the way best friends would, yet different because we both had strong feelings towards each other. To be honest I can't really remember how we became official, I remember bugging him saying that I was "old fashioned" and wanted to know what we were and he played it cool by saying, "I thought we were official?"

"I'm glad you and Dad had a good night," I said, knowing they needed one. Since the boys had gotten older Mom and Dad had renovations done to the basement to convert it into a basement apartment with two and a half bedrooms, one for each twin. I now stayed in the master bedroom on the main floor that was closer to the door so if I wanted to come and go during the night I wouldn't be waking anyone. Therefore, since we all lived at home Mom and Dad hardly ever got any time to themselves, especially with Codie being only five.

"Do you know what you're doing tonight?" Mom asked, putting icing down. I shrugged, washing my hands and checking my phone,

"I believe he was going to stay the night at our house since we're leaving first thing tomorrow." She nodded,

"That would be a good idea. He found someone to cover him for the week?" I nodded,

"One of his Uncles volunteered to come in for the week. Isaac is really excited to be going back to the lake house." She smiled and we worked in silence for a bit before I saw that it was almost twelve, the time I finished today. I started at four in the morning since our hours were 6 a.m-9 p.m.