"Do you know the spells?"

"Some of them, I guess."

"What's the spell for levitation."

"Uh, volito."

"Why didn't you levitate when you said that?"

"I- I was just telling you the spell. I wasn't casting it."

"So cast it."

"I- Um..." Brice winces, and I call off our swiftness spell and let us skid to a halt.

"Go ahead."

"Uh- Volito."

Nothing happens.

"Come on. You're a sorcerer. Cast the spell."

"Volito."

"Cast the spell, Brice."

"Seto, I-"

"Cast the spell."

"Volito!" Brice looks close to tears.

"Cast the spell!"

"Seto, I can't!" Brice yells, and then he chokes on a sob and steps back a little, looking down.

"I told you to cast the spell," I say quietly, zipping up closer to him so that our faces are no more than an inch apart. His breath hitches. "I believe that you can and will cast the spell.

"So why don't you?" I breathe.

Brice is quiet as he stares into my eyes, likely looking for any sign that this is a joke.

"Cast the spell," I say.

"Vol-"

"Approaching entities!" shouts a booming voice from about fifty meters away, and I curse under my breath and jump away from Brice as I turn to face the noise.

"Brice, duck!" I yell roughly, taking in the small army in front of us. There are about fifteen Dark Mages approaching, all of them with matching armored cloaks and very angry expressions. Brice ducks down right before one of the mages can blast his head off, and I growl as I fire a counterattack.

"Seto, we can't possibly take them all!" He tries and fails to cast a spell. "You can't possibly take them all!"

"Watch me," I scoff, creating an orb of electricity in my hands. I fire it at the approaching Mages as soon as it's big enough, but they block it with plenty of time to spare. "Cadent, et moriar!" I chant, and that manages to take out a few of them.

"Quarere, debilito!" screams one of the Mages, and I grit my teeth and hold up my arms in the shape of a cross.

"Scutum, cogita!" The spell bounces off of me and hits the caster, and Brice cheers. "Cadent, et moriar! Spatium range quinque!"

Two Mages go down, but the rest of them are far too close for comfort. "Telum!" one of them shouts, and I hold up a shield to reflect the blades but then furrow my eyebrows in confusion as the spell flies past me.

My eyes widen. "Brice!"

He cries out in pain, and I force myself to focus on our attackers instead of getting distracted by Brice. They're surrounding us now, and I panic internally for a moment. I can't keep fighting, I have no clue how badly Brice is hurt.

"Cast the spell!" I command, hoping to Notch that he can do it. "Liquefacta massa! Volito!"

The ground is quickly replaced by lava, and I fly out of range just as the Dark Mages catch on fire. "Northmanni iterum!" I yell, and the ground returns to normal, trapping the Dark Mages (and hopefully not Brice) underground and still on fire.