Selosan Blues -1 of 3- [Risa/Leni, feat. Leila]

A month to go before campaign period ends, and the Liberal Party spent countless hours on their feet and their voices hoarse from speaking to large crowds so much. Thankfully, there's only one sortie to go before having a small break - a welcome respite from the woes of the campaign trail.

Even after three campaign cycles with them, Risa felt like a square peg in a round hole. Being a guest candidate, Risa wasn't as privy to the intricate details and politics of the party, and her friends in there were all busy with their own business.

Risa took off her shoes and changed into a comfier pair of slippers before losing herself in the sea of yellow that is the LP holding area. The candidates rushed around preparing themselves for the rally, with volunteers trailing behind them. All the usual until she spotted Leni talking to one of the congressional candidates from Quezon City.

A wave of jealousy hit her like a ton of bricks. She knew this particular congressman kept making the moves on Leni since she stepped into the House of Representatives three years ago.

Not just any Leni, Her Leni.

The erstwhile congressman leaned closer to Leni and appeared to be whispering something, which sent alarm signals to the green-eyed monster living in Risa's head. A moment later, the two of them brushed hands, causing Risa to storm off to the senatorial candidate holding area.

"Risa, anong nangyari? Halos mabiyak mo na ung simento." Leila asked.

Risa plopped herself on her chair and sat there cross-armed - her voice strident and firm, a far cry from her usual calm self. "Wala, okay lang ako."

Leila raised an eyebrow and fixed the scarf around her neck. She paused for a moment before continuing. "Let me guess: Nagseselos ka. Kaya galit na galit ka kay Bolet pag nakikita mo silang dalawa ni Leni magkasama."

"What? No way! Saan mo naman napulot yan, Leila?"

The former DoJ secretary shook her head. "Risa, kilala kita at di ako nagbubulag-bulagan na di ko nakikita ung kinang ng mata mo pag nakikita mo siya."

Just before Risa could answer back, Leni dropped by the holding area and sat down on the chair between them. Risa avoided making any sort of eye contact at her, which Leni noticed. "Risa, okay ka lang?"

"...okay lang."

The VP candidate's face went from a smile to a frown. "Bakit mo ako tinatarayan? May ginawa ba ako? Sabihin mo lang sa akin."

Risa simply shook her head but still looked away from her.

"Okay, sige lang. Palamig ka muna ng ulo, siguro." Leni sighed.

She then laid her hand on top of Risa's, making the senatorial candidate's heart skipped a beat. How she wished she could intertwine their fingers freely and openly, but alas Leni doesn't even know and she didn't want her to get any weird ideas before even starting anything.

When Risa looked back down, she found Leni already clinging on her arm and resting on her shoulder. She wanted to resist and maintain some sort of distance, but having her that close to her made her have second thoughts.

Hayaan ko na lang. Mamaya ko na lang sasabihin pag ready na.