Chapter five: student council

Start from the beginning

Not long after, Taehyung appeared with a big grin on his face towards Jungkook. "Hey! You didn't forget," he grinned.

Now Jungkook wasn't forcing his smile anymore, but rather had to try and calm down to not grin like an idiot in front of his friend. "Of course I wouldn't."

The two boys walked around school where Taehyung explained where things were and what classroom held which subjects. Jungkook was glad by the fact that Taehyung's class was always close by.

"Here's where most of the student council meetings are held," he informed as he pointed at a large room (the door was open, but no one was inside). Jungkook didn't even notice he was glaring towards the room and rather tried to walk away from it immediately. Taehyung giggled as he noticed his behaviour. "Bad memories from it?" he asked curiously.

Jungkook sighed. "Something like that." He didn't feel like telling Taehyung he was just made the president for his class, as he didn't want him to tease him.

The males moved away from the classroom, ending up chatting more along the way, and eventually the tour ended.

The raven haired boy was sad it was over as he secretly wanted to ask Taehyung if he'd want to come over by dinner at his house, but he didn't want him to tell how torn his family was, and he wouldn't man up to actually ask him either, so they just ended up waving each other goodbye.

"See you tomorrow," Taehyung smiled, which made Jungkook nod. As he turned around, he was glad the other couldn't see his blushing grinning (and embarrassing) face, and hurried home again.

"I'm back!" Jungkook announced when he entered his aunt's house. He wasn't quite ready to call it his home yet.

"Oh, Jungkook-ah!" his aunt yelled further in. "Come to the kitchen sweetie!"

Obeying his only family member that wasn't dead or in jail (or maybe yet that was, in the boy's opinion), Jungkook hurried over to the kitchen - a bit concerned - as he never knew what his aunt was up to.

"Jungkook, could you reach that for me?" she asked sweetly as she pointed at a box further up on the cabin above her head. A smile escaped his lips at her whilst softly shaking his head and reached for the box.

Aunt Hani was quite small, whilst the boy was tall - taller than her. He had inhabited his height from his father and luckily not his mother side of the family, which all of them were literally dwarfs.

"Thank you sweetie," she smiled and accepted the box. "How was your day at school?" she asked, "and yesterday? Sorry I didn't ask earlier, but you looked so frustrated and disturbed that I didn't want to ask about it until you'd calmed down."

Jungkook was shocked hearing this. Was he that obvious about being frustrated by Taehyung's previous behaviour? "You don't have to pretend acting like my mom you know," he muttered.

Aunt Hani's eyes widen at his comment. "Jungkook-ah," she said sternly, "I'm not acting like your mom, but I am allowed to worry and care about you. You're my responsibility now."

Jungkook felt bad immediately; he hadn't meant it like that. "I know," he said guilty, "I'm sorry aunt Hani," he apologised. "I'm just..." He didn't speak further. He didn't know how to explain his feelings. So much was going on in his head and feelings that he didn't know how to explain it, or even if he actually could.

"Aw, Jungkookie," she murmured as she placed the box on the counter and brought him in for a hug. "Don't apologise dear," she comforted, "I know it's tough on you. I'll try to not be so nosy and rather be your best friend than your mother," she joked with a smile.