Ch. 10 - Airports

ᑕᕼ. 10 - ᗩIᖇᑭOᖇTᔕ

I sat on my last bag, just barely able to zip it shut as I laid on it with a deep sigh. The boys decided to tell me a week before the actual trip so there was no way out of it. What they failed to tell me, however, was that it was for three weeks, so two hours before the trip, I packed a whole other bag, Mack watching me in amusement.

She's started inviting herself over from time to time, and I honestly didn't care enough to complain, I was still worrying over the fact that I'm already $70 dollars in debt for the swear jar- and that's just what they heard, not counting the money I've already paid them. I've collected allowance money for years, so I'm loaded, but I don't want them to know that.

I chuck my last bag over with my other ones before getting ready to say goodbye to Mackena. It was weird- despite the fact that she was a superficial brat with the IQ of a McDonald's straw, she was the only real constant in my life, so nearly a month without her might get a little weird, but then again, her family was just as rich as mine, so if worst came to worst I could send her a letter- yes, with no internet and one phone on the whole fucking island for three weeks, I had to learn her address, among others- signaling an SOS for her to come over.

"Well..." She says, almost tearing up, making me mentally roll my eyes," I guess this is goodbye for a while. You know, even though you're like, totally insane now, you're kind of my only real friend. I'm gonna miss you Rose." I ignore the blatant rudeness of her comment, and accept her hug awkwardly, arms arms stiff at her sides, but I allow the warmth to flood through my chest.

She continues to hold on and I take her hands and put them at her sides, coughing and giving her a tight lipped smile, making her chuckle with a breathy," Oh, sorry." I nod before giving her a half smirk.

"Alright, get out of my house, freak." She leaves my room, not taking offense to the derogatory nickname, and I watch her go for a few seconds before grabbing my carry on and my suitcases, putting them in the back of our car, next to Jacob's. I call the back and stretch out, taking a few Benedril that I knew wouldn't help, but is at least worth a shot.

See, me and flying... it's kind of like Lucifer and Russia. It's not a very good combination. Last time I went on an airplane, I punched a flight attendant when she tried to pry my hand off the seat and nearly started crying when we went on some particular nasty turbulence. It took a while for me to live that down.

I silently wonder if I can get some stronger meds as we park the car. I sigh, trying to let out my tension, but to no avail as we go to baggage check. As we get to security, I wink at the girl who's checking me over, making her turn beet red as I laugh to myself. (Oh yeah, if I didn't mention before, Rose is pansexual. #LoveWins)

After sitting in the waiting area for an hour- making an Airport playlist and silently texting Jacob about the weird people around us, making him snort as I talked about the girl a few seats away with a prison tattoo, saying she probably got arrested for having too much cake as he noticed her Nicki Minaj butt, making us get multiple stares as we leaned on each other laughing- we finally got called to our plane.

As I was waiting in line, a kid pulls on my Pez keychain, making me turn to him angrily.

"Hey, what's your deal?"

"It's Scooby Doo!" Yes, I may have been a Scooby Doo kid, and bought everything from pillows to piggy banks of him when I was seven. His mother looks like she's a little busy on the phone- probably a cougar, I think absentmindedly.

"No shit, kid. Doesn't mean you have to touch it with your sticky hands." He looks up at me, overly pouty.

"My hands aren't sticky!" I roll my eyes at him as I give the lady my ticket, taking to ignoring the brat. That is, until he tries to take the candy out of the container.

One thing I forgot to mention- I hid medicine in between the candies, so no one would suspect anything. And I don't feel like this kid should jeopardize that. Lightning fast, I snatch his- sticky- hand off the object, and drag his wrist to his mother, who finally ended her call to take notice of her child.

"Excuse me, can you please keep your child to your side and tell him to stop touching people's shit before he grows up and starts mugging people?" Any normal person would be mad, but with the amount of magic I put in my words, she just nods, dazed. I smile brightly.

"Great!" I follow after Jacob and my dad without a second thought, the kid watching me with eyes the size of the moon. (Eh? Eh? See what I did there?)

"She's a wizard, mom!" I allowed a smug smirk to grace my face. Maybe the kid wasn't so daft.

As we sat down, I tightened my seatbelt and put my headphones in, forcing myself to calm down as I put my phone on airplane mode. I wish I was like Jacob, who liked flying, the little prick. I sit in between Jacob and some cute guy that looks foreign, but I'm not complaining. Aw crap, he's gonna have to watch my freak out, that's gonna be a fantastic first impression, great job Rose, you're doing great in the relationship department-

Jacob grips my bicep and I realize I'm practically hyperventilating. I take a quick gasp of air, and focus on his hand, trying to calm the fuck down. Just as I settle, the flight attendants begin their safety overview and I try to tune out their talking of impending disasters.

This is going to be a long flight.

— — — —

ᗰᗩᖇIETTᗩ

— — — —

Hi, I decided to make Rose pansexual because I like the idea of her being openly flirty with everyone. Also, thanks for almost 800, I feel like I thank you every chapter, but you're all kind of awesome, so why the fuck not?
No questions today, just make some up.