Chapter 18: Problems, Problems Everywhere

I smiled as my forest welcomed me home going back to its former maze like structure. As I walked through I could tell that there were a lot more wild animals in the forest than before specifically raccoons...? I shook my head as I exited the forest towards the Town Hall. Then froze. Every where I looked there were vampires dressed all in black dragging cats. And not just any type of cats but large fluffy ones. They were the type that if you through them off a building they would just puff out and float down. I just stood and watched as one of the vampires walked by dragging the cat along the ground behind her.

[ What in the world? ] Shaking myself back into focus I continued down the road. Not much further down was the vampire cafe called Obsidian & Blood Cafe. In the window was a piece of paper that said 'Siege Twixt Grimalkin'. [ .... Sit between cats?... ] Looking in I saw several vampires with cats having what looked like some twisted tea party. "..."

Continuing down the road I reached a giant hole in the ground. The hole took up the entire road and even had a wooden bridge across it. It reviled the the Hidden City in all its glory. "Sigh.." I continued across the bridge and into the Town Hall. "Lisa, why is there a giant hole outside the building?"

"Kaz your finally back." She set down a paper and smiled slightly. "You can not imagine what I had to go through with you gone. The 'Resident' was no help at all and even caused more problems."

"What?" [ She actually had the 'Resident' take over for me? ]

"Anyway there is so much that needs to be fixed right now? Please come with me I'll show you what has happened while you were gone."

"Hold on I have one question before we go. What is with all the cats?"

Lisa slit her eyes. "That is because of Seth."

"What Seth?"

"Yes..." Lisa made a disgusted face. "Seth decided to 'Save' all the cats he could find because they were abandoned by their owners."

".... I-I see..."

We walked out and stood in front of the hole. "This hole was caused by a... scuffle between the 'Resident' and the Mother Gremlin."

"Why were the two fighting?"

"Sigh... Well the Gremlin children though that it would be funny to tease the baby Kraken. This did not go over very well with the 'Resident' as a result he imprisoned them. The Mother did not like this and started arguing with the 'Resident'. This argument was getting no where do the Council decided to send a Shadow to retrieve the children. When the children were brought before the Mother one of the had died from terror. This did not go over well and the result is this hole. Also the dead Gremlin is being taken care of by Terry. So that doesn't really need your attention. However the Hidden City is very upset by the hole. They wish to have it filled in and to have someone make sure that this case is hidden from other people."

"...." [ What the Hell? ] "Sigh.... I see..... Call a meeting with Phil. Also see if there is anyone that can cover this hole up. It would be best to get the hole covered as soon as possible." [ How am I supposed to cover up the fact that there is an entire city underground when its been exposed like this. Sigh. ]

"Understood. There is more that I must show you. This one is also more urgent then this."

"Is that so..."

We wondered through the town towards the power plant. The closer we got the quieter it was. Finally we reached the edge of where the Humans from Redroad stayed. It was a disaster. Scorched buildings, holes, drag marks, broken windows, and destroyed plants littered the area. [ Sigh, what happened here? ]The more I looked the more destruction I saw.

"The entire area is like this."

"Are the Humans alright?"

"Yes they are. They are currently back at the community center."

"Sigh, Can you tell me what happened here." [ Though I think I already know. ]

"Certainly, this all started when the Human children went to play with the Golems." [ I knew it . ] "Van did explained that the Golems were harmless and the Humans accepted that grudgingly. However they still band their children from playing with them. When the Humans found out they did not like that. They locked up the children and didn't let them go outside. The Golems were.... 'displeased' with this and started.... 'releasing' the children from their captors. The result as you see before you."

"Of course it is." [ What a headache ] "Where is Van?"

"She is currently in her office. It would be best if you go talk to her."

I nodded my head. "Is there anything else?"

"Nothing that is as urgent as this. I will set up a meeting with Phil for tomorrow and have the hole filled in by tonight. I will send my crow if anything comes up before you are back."

"Thank you." Lisa turned and started walking back to the office. [ Sigh, well lets go and talk to Van. ]

The inside of the Power Plant was quite clean compared to outside but I couldn't see a single Golem. I walked into Van's office only to find no one there. [ Where is she? ] I stood quietly and listened. There a sound. It was coming from underneath me. I opened a hatch in the corner of the room and climbed down.

"And this is why you are trapped here!"

"Grahhhhhahhh"

"No! In the first place I told you not to! But nooooooo! You had to go and 'Save' the kids!" I walked down a dark hallway following the yelling. [ When did she build this? ]

"Grrraaaaaaaa. Ghaaaaa."

"I don't care if they were locked in their rooms! Oh for gods sake. Look you miscible hunks of dirt. Kids get locked up in their rooms as a punishment. They are not enslaved. This is not 430 BCE but 2016!"

"Gaaaaaaaah."

The Golems were trapped in a cage while Van yelled at them. "Ahem."

Van jumped and turned around. "Kaz is that you?" She glanced at the Golems in the cage. "Sooo, when did you get back? ~"

"..... 40 minutes ago...."

"Is that so.... Anyway what brings you here?~"

".... I heard what happened to the Humans."

"Is that so.... Well I have to say that the Dirk just didn't understand and caused a bit of a commotion. However I have it under control. ~" She smiled sweetly.

"I can see that.... How are things going between you and the Humans besides this incident."

"Oh quite well~ We get along."

"Graaagh Garrrrgh."

"Shut up Dirk!"

"Right... Well I can move the Humans somewhere else if that would be better for you."

"Ohhh can you? That would be great. I'm always afraid that they might accidentally end up in the middle of one of my experiments. Hahahahahaha."

"Alright so I'll move the humans somewhere else. Just make sure that the Power Plant runs."

"Will do~ Take care Kaz~" Van waved me off happily. [ That woman is psychotic. Sigh, now were to put the Humans. ]