"Yeah, let's do some new stuff," agreed Kole, making his third attempt to brown some toast.

"Or something else entirely," said Axel, picking at a piece of Kole's previously charred bread. "This is too much like work. We're supposed to be on vacation. You know, resting our voices."

"Come on, guys," Nicky frowned. "You really made me bring my guitar down here for not even two whole songs? Let's do at least one more."

"Go ahead," shrugged Axel, standing up. "You know how to sing," he added. "I'm gonna go make sure there's no more marshmallows hiding in the cupboards. Kole, come help me."

"Fine," Kole sighed, following after him. "You coming, JM?"

JM ran off too, leaving Cori alone with Nicky.

"Okay, then..." Nicky sighed and turned to Cori, but she could see an idea suddenly forming on his face. "Wanna hear the new song I've been working on? You'd be the first person I've played it for."

"Oh... Are you sure you want me to hear it?" Cori raised her brows, surprised and honored.

"Why not? It'd be nice to have a fresh opinion," he smiled. "So, you'll listen?" he looked at her intently.

"Sure," Cori nodded awkwardly under his eye.

Nicky grinned widely, adjusted his guitar, and the music began.

No sooner had Nicky U opened his mouth to sing, than Cori was pulled into the song, completely lost in his beautiful melody and acoustic accompaniment.

Nicky U's voice was stunning- even more pleasing than in a studio recording. His sweet vocals seemed to kiss her ears as he sang the ballad directly to Cori, his eyes still fixed on her face. Cori watched in amazement, deeply impressed as his voice floated through the night. His skilled fingers plucked at the strings, his eyes sparkled with feeling, and his lips were mesmerizing as they parted to let out the lyrics. The song's debut was so enchanting, that before Cori knew it, Nicky was finishing his last note and looking to her for some sort of response.

"So? What do you think?" he asked when Cori primarily failed to speak.

"It's amazing!" Cori exclaimed, shaking her head, still stunned by the powerful music.

"Really?" Nicky asked humbly.

"Yes! You sound even better than you do on the radio!" Cori told him. "Your voice is as gorgeous as you!" she blurted. "I mean, as gorgeous as you can have." Cori feverishly tried to correct her sentence, but she knew it was no good. Standing up awkwardly, she bit her lip and looked away. "Um.. I'm gonna go change for the night," she said, stepping towards the cabin. "Thanks for letting me hear your song," she added smally before darting as fast away from Nicky U as she could.

"No problem," Nicky called after her, sounding slightly confused, but no one was as confused as Cori.

"Why did I say that?!" she kicked herself when she was safely hidden in Tanner's room. "'Your voice is as gorgeous as you!'" she mocked herself in horror. "How could I say that to Nicky??? And what did I say to Tanner? 'I thought you sounded good'. Good! Not great, not gorgeous, but good??? And to Nicky U? I say you're GORGEOUS!!!"

Cori looked hard into the mirror and slapped her cheek.

"Why did I say that?!" she cringed again, glancing around Tanner's bedroom. "Tanner's the one who I like! Tanner's the one who's gorgeous! Not Nicky," she sighed, picking up one of the tee shirts he had loaned her. "It was because of the song," she decided at last. "It had such a nice sound and the lyrics were so romantic. That's all. I was just really into the song. Yeah. It was just because of the song," she told herself, tossing the shirt onto the bed next to Tanner's teddy bear. "Well, just because of the song and that weird dream..." she frowned, instead grabbing the now-dry shirt of Tanner's and pulling it on. "But it was just a dream. Maybe in the dream, you liked Nicky, but in reality, you like Tanner," she reminded herself. "You like- Tanner!" Cori nearly bumped into him when she entered the hallway.