Chapter thirteen: Who I am

Start from the beginning

"You should get a dog." Luke said.

"I don't need a dog."

"I love dogs. You should get one."

"I don't need a dog."

"Who doesn't love dogs?"

"For the last time, I don't need a dog."

"Those who think Devil Boy should get a dog say I!"

"I!!"

"Those opposed?"

"Nay!!!" Jessica chuckled.

"Sorry, out of luck. Get a dog." He growled, and muttered to himself. I chuckled, sitting down next to him. These were my first friends when I left K'un L'un. I wasn't immediately found by S.H.I.E.L.D, and Luke was on their watch list; "Devil Boy" declined and Jessica declined as well. Despite our life differences, we promised each other to keep in touch. Make sure one of us wasn't snuffed out by Kingpin while the others had their back turned or something.

"So, what's shaking in the Avengers world?" Jessica asked.

"We aren't Avengers." I interjected, before Luke could answer.

"You're training under S.H.I.E.L.D. S.H.I.E.L.D works with the Avengers. You're practically Avengers already." Jessica nodded in agreement.

"He has a point." Luke chuckled.

"Whatever. Danny has a new girlfriend who doesn't even remember his name."

"Ouch."

"I thought you were dating some chick named Misty." I shook my head.

"No, we broke up awhile ago."

"Yeah Horn Head, keep up with the times." Jessica playfully snapped at him. She didn't know we broke up either; it's not that I didn't tell her, but I could tell from her tone.

"Anyway, she choose Bucket Brain Nova over him, which is messing with his head. Which is why we're here."

"Because Hells Kitchen is full of people who break the law and need their head punched in." Luke grinned.

"What he said." Jessica snorted.

"And here I thought you were here to see me." I swore I saw Luke blush.

"Well, that too...." I rolled my eyes. Luke may look tough, but I swear he was like a giggling school girl around Jessica Jones.

Like how most girls acted around Horn Head next to me.

According to the rumors anyway.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Joy

"Blade, you came. Now, why don't you just--." The Man who I assume was Blade, turned to me with a dark glare.

"You." Before I could blink, he was charging at me with a sword, trying to run me through.

Naturally, I screamed, nearly dodging his sword.