Chapter Seventeen

Lumina rubbed her eyes as she sat up. She was now walking with minimal to no assistance, throughout the past five days since her last major check up with healer Narwana she was doing just fine. She had received a letter from the dwarves of Erebor questioning her return. She told them she did not know but she would try to return soon as physically possible.
As soon as physically possible, that was looking sooner than she could have hoped for.
Lumina threw her legs over the side of the bed and began to walk. She now has proper attire, it was white cotton gown, it was simple but rather elegant. Her feet were still without shoes but that didn't really bother her.

She had permission to wander where she pleased. However even if she did not she would wander. The palace seemed endless. She sighed and looked around. The place was stunning. It was alive. It wasn't near as dull as Erebor at the moment. Though perhaps with the new subjects, it wouldn't be so lonely.
That brought a small smile to her face.
Lumina heard someone's soft footsteps behind her.

"Lumina, I see that you are walking again."
She paused and turned to see Thranduil approaching her.
"I am yes. I have recovered quite well. Your healers have exceptional skill and talent."

"That they do. Would you care to join me?" He asked offering her the crook of his arm.

"Where to?" She questioned as she looped her arm through his.

"I am heading to the kitchen, I eat my meals there."

"Why not in the dining hall?"

"I feel it's too much space for a single person. Have you eaten yet?"
Lumina shook her head. "I have not."
The pair continued down the hall for a few beats of silence.
"How is Erebor? I assume that's what the letter was about."

"Erebor is fine. Just waiting for its queen to return." She said with a light grin.

"How are you handling having a kingdom? Now with the prospect of subjects? How are you?" He glanced at her, his blue eyes studying her expression for a moment.

"Its... well I am doing the best I know how. Perhaps I am not meant for the throne but I want what's best for my people."

Thranduil furrowed his dark brows. "That's not what I asked Lumina. I am asking what emotions are, not duties. I am asking as a friend not an ally."

"Oh." She thought for a moment. "I am nervous. But excited as well, I've never been a queen before, I find the thought to be thrilling. So those are my emotions Thranduil."

"I see. Emotions are a good thing to remember Lumina, don't forget them when you make decisions."