Chapter Four

Lumina turned on Thorin her eyes burning with fury.

" What did you do?!" She could feel her skin flickering between skin and scales. She saw the fear register in his eyes as she spread her great wings.

" I ask again, dwarf. What. Did. You. Do?"

" I told him to stop ruling what was not his, and claim something else as his own." He tried to look her in the eyes, but failed.

Lumina recoiled backwards. She wanted to grab the dwarf and throw him into a wall. She growled and fisted her hands.

Stomping she ran to the balcony. She looked out at the darkening sky. She saw a faint glow in the light.

Lumina felt a lump build in her throat, the young hobbit had come and joined her. "No," she whispered her hand over her mouth.

She could smell the smoke, the fire grew and she could see his faint silhouette.

Lumina was hit with a stabbing pain right above her heart, she fell to her knees crying out in agony. She quickly placed a hand over the pain. She felt the hot red liquid of her blood pouring over her hand.

She heard Bilbo yelp and call out for help.

Lumina felt her head hit the ground, her vision faded to black as tears clouded her eyes.

______________

She blinked her eyes open. Memories flooded back she felt tears prick her eyes. Gone.

He was gone.

Lumina heard someone shuffle beside her bed.

It was the hobbit.

" is he really....?" She managed through a crackly voice.

Bilbo looked down empathy in his eyes. Lumina let out a strangled cry as she sat up.

The knot in her throat made it hard to breathe. She felt the small hobbit gently touch her arm in a small act of comfort.

She pulled the hobbit in an embrace crying in his shoulder.

  " Why, why did he have to do that?" She said.

" I don't know. "He mumbled in her hair.

She sat there for what felt like hours but could have only been fifteen minutes.

She pulled away and gave him a thankful look. As she walked to get dressed her sadness began the process of forming into anger. She dressed as she looked at her self. She saw how she'd lost the softness in her eyes and face. Everything looked hard and sharp. She was a and arrow ready to be notched.

She spread her great wings. Lumina remembered his gentle touch days before.

With a scowl set deep in her face she placed the wicked looking crown atop her head.

She would prove that dwarf wrong.

She would kill the dragon slayer.