Chapter Thirteen

Lumina let a breathy sigh fall from her lips as she sat upright. It's been around a day or so since she had been admitted in after the battle.
Her injuries were severe. Normally with a normal injury her body would have healed it self and she would be without a struggle. However, that boulder had almost killed her. If she had shifted any sooner she would have died. The sturdy frame of her dragon body kept her safe.
Lumina lifted the cotton blankets and caught a glimpse of her unclothed side.
Purple, blue, black, and yellow bruising mottled her skin. The bruising ran from her shoulders down to her calf, and almost her entire stomach and back. A large white bandage wrapped around her middle interrupting the colored bruise.
She was in an unbelievable amount of pain. Lumina grit her teeth a chose not to focus on the sharp throb.
She turned her head to the side as the sound of someone entering her infirmary room. It was Lord Thranduil.

Lumina made sure she was at least modest, for her lack of clothing was quite inappropriate. She pulled her blanket close and composed herself.

"Greetings lady Lumina."

She tilted her head in a greeting.

"How are you fairing?"

Lumina bit her lip as she winced as she adjusted her position.
"I feel like my body is on fire and at the same time covered in chains rendering me immobile."
He gave her a sympathetic look.

"However I would not be alive to complain about my situation if you hadn't carried me to a healer. For that you have earned my gratitude and respect. I thank you Lord Thranduil."

"We are equals. You may address me as simply Thranduil. Thanks are not necessary Lumina. It was the right thing to do, anyone with the slightest sliver of moral would have done it. You are an ally who nearly laid down her life for my troops. I should be the one thanking you."

Lumina's eyes looked at her hands before looking back at Thranduil flattered by his words.
"Well I am glad you have a sliver of moral."

He smiled. "I am too. Take care Lumina, I must leave. I have duties I must attend to but I will continue to check up on you. I will send a healer in to give you something for your pain. Farewell."
With a duck of his head he left the room his extravagant robes flowing with him.

True to his promise, a healer walked into the room with a vile that she had said was a pain killer.
It also was a sedative because Lumina shortly felt exhausted and found her pillows to be very soft. She closed her eyes and went to sleep.
___
Three comments gets an update! :)