Chapter Ten

Now this is the final chapter of part two. We will now be entering part three which is called Breaking Down the Walls. Hope you guys enjoy the ending lol. ;)

Chase is up above!

~*~*~

Chapter Ten

A few days have passed since Chase and Liam had to return Harley to Mr. Moore. Now Liam was very aware that it was a doll, but he was embarrassed to admit that he would miss it. He found it almost funny. Before the project he wasn't sure if he even wanted kids someday, but now he knows that when the time comes there will be nothing that he wants more.

Liam couldn't help but think of this as he and Chase walked to their health class. Glancing at him briefly, he almost couldn't believe how close the two had gotten, and in all honesty, that terrified him. He liked Chase, but he wasn't sure if he was ready for another relationship. The last time he opened himself up to someone in that way it turned out to be a disaster.

It scared him. The 'what if's. Who knew that two small words could be so threatening? It was like a double edged sword for Liam. If he dated Chase he would think, well what if they break up? He'll lose a good friend. Only then he'll consider remaining friends with him and then he'll wonder, what if Chase starts to date someone else? Would he someday grow to regret the chance he didn't take?

The regret associated with the words 'what' and 'if' is probably the worst feeling anyone could ever experience.

"So are you excited?" Chase asked breaking Liam's train of thought. "We're getting our grades for the baby project back today."

"Yeah, I hope we did well," Liam replied absently-mindedly.

"I'm sure we did," Chase assured him. Looking nervous, Chase seemed to hesitate before continuing, "Just before the project is over it doesn't mean he have to stop hanging out right?"

Sensing Liam's hesitation, he quickly finished speaking, "I just mean we've become such great friends lately. I'd hate to lose that."

Liam sent Chase a small smile. "Yeah I'd hate to lose that too."

The two walked the rest of the way in silence. They walked into the health classroom and found that Mr. Moore was already there working on his computer. Several other students were there as well waiting for class to begin. Sitting at his desk, Liam pulled out his notebook and textbook for the class. More students began to fill the room and soon enough the bell rang signaling the start of class.

Most of the class period had been pretty boring. Now that they were done studying sex ed/pregnancies (hence the baby simulator) they had moved onto drugs and alcohol. Mr. Moore was a pretty interesting teacher and did a good job at keeping the information interesting, but Liam's brain just wasn't having it today. No matter how interesting Mr. Moore made it, Liam was just bored and spacing out.

Honestly, Mr. Moore could be standing on his desk in a clown costume and doing the chicken dance and Liam wouldn't have batted an eye. That is how utterly bored he was.

Eventually, after three drifting to sleep nods, five day dreams, and several doodles class finally ended and Liam was released. They the students left the classroom Mr. Moore was standing at the door handing out their graded rubrics for their projects.

Chase grinned and threw his arm into the air. "Yes! We got A's."

Liam couldn't fight the smile that broke out at Chase's excitement. "It is pretty cool," he admitted. "We must have done a good job."