Chapter Seven

Thank goodness! I have finally finished writing chapter twelve. That took way longer then it should have. Hopefully the last few chapters of this story flow more smoothly. Anyway here we are with chapter seven and up above is Brody!

~*~*~

Chapter Seven

As the end of class bell sounded, Liam quickly grabbed his supplies and bolted for the door. Unfortunately, Chase must have done the same because he just as quickly caught up with him.

"Liam!" He called after him. "Hey Liam!"

Reluctantly, Liam slowed his steps so Chase could catch up to him. A large smile was flashed on his face and his blue eyes bright. "Thanks for waiting," he said. "So do you have any more classes for the day?"

Slowly shaking his head, Liam answered, "No I'm done. Only classes one through five."

"Oh." Chase's voice seemed disappointed. "I have one more class to go, but I was hoping we could hang out after school."

Liam stared at him with wide eyes. He hadn't expected that. Did Chase just ask him out? No. He said 'hang out.' Those are two very different meanings. Right? Before Liam could answer, Liz spoke up behind him, "Hey Li. Ready to go?"

Breathing a small sigh of relief, Liam said, "Sorry Chase I can't. Bye."

The exit was more than a little awkward, but honestly at that point Liam didn't care. He just needed to get away. Chase was different from the other guys and he made Liam lose his entire sense of reason when they spoke. It's only been a few hours and he's already beginning to lose it.

"You looked like you needed a rescue," Liz remarked as they walked out of the school and toward her car.

"You have no idea," Liam admitted.

"That's Chase right?" Liam nodded. "Yeah I thought so. Chase is in my ASL class. He seems nice and is pretty cute."

Liam chose not to comment.

Turning to Liam briefly as she drove Liz narrowed her eyes before returning them to the road. "Chase seems to like you," she pointed out.

Refusing to look at her, Liam shrugged away her comment. "I don't think so."

"You didn't see the way he was looking at you then. Trust me it definitely wasn't in a friend way." Liz hesitated before continuing, "Why don't you give him a chance?"

"Okay, first of all, we don't even know if Chase is gay," Liam argued finally turning toward her.

"He is," Liz interrupted him. "I have excellent gay-dar."

His eyes narrowed at her. "Liz you're not gay."

She brushed off his comment, "Doesn't mean it's not spot-on."

Ignoring her, he continued, "Anyway, whether he's gay or not it doesn't matter. I don't like him." Under his breath, he added, "I can't like him."

"Liam it's been three years since Brody. I know it's not exactly easy for you to warm up to new people and to trust others, but you can't keep putting your life on hold. You're only letting Brody win if you do. Maybe it's time to take a chance and get back to dating again." Liz's words were heaped with concern as she spoke.

"I can't Liz," he whispered fiercely. "I just can't."

"I know and I'm sorry, but I'm worried about you, Li. I don't want you to wake up someday and regret all the time you wasted being scared." Her words were harsh, but true. Honestly Liam feared the same thing, but unlike Liz or Leslie he wasn't able to push himself past that fear and enjoy life. Softly, she asked, "What are you scared of?"