Chapter 1 : A New House

(A/N it's going to switch a lot between Harry and Carters POV so pay close attention)

Harry's POV

"Alright! You know what to do! Wait here until we get the first years settled, and be on your best behavior!" Professor Mcgonagall said looking toward the Weasley twins

Hermione, Ron, and I were sitting at the Gryffindor table waiting for the first years to get settled. We're in second year by the way.

I noticed professor Dumbledore standing in the corner talking to professor Snape so I got up to go talk to him when someone bumped into me.

"Sorry!" It was a girl's voice

"No, it's my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going" I looked up to meet the eyes of a girl with black curly hair and blue/green eyes. She was wearing a Slytherin robe. We just stared at each other for a second.

"Oh um....sorry, I'm-"

"Harry potter, I know" she says shaking my  hand "I'm Carter reed"

"Let me guess, my scar gave me away" I say laughing

"No, you have your mother's eyes" she says smiling "and I can't see your scar Harry"

I'm shocked at first because not a lot of people know what my parents look like. I have most of the photos of them and I've never met her so how could she know.

"Miss reed. May I see you for a second?" Professor Dumbledore says from behind her

"Yes professor" she says Turning around.

"Nice to meet you Harry, I'll see you around school?" She asks before walking away

"Yeah sure"  I say sitting back down

I turned to hermione and Ron, who are just staring at me like I'm crazy.

"What?" I ask them

"You just talked to Carter reed.....of Slytherin house!" Ron whisper yells

"So?"

"So?! Harry! She's in Slytherin and all Slytherin are bad news! I've never met a nice Slytherin before and she's Malfoy's best friend!" Hermione whisper yells

"Have you ever actually talked to her?" I ask in defense of her

"No, and neither have you" hermione says back at me "she's Slytherin Harry, stay away from her" hermione snaps again

"Easy hermione!" Ron yells "but to be honest I've never met a nice Slytherin either"

"Attention! Everyone!" Professor Dumbledore yells. He waved his wand and colored sparks flew out.

"We are going to have a toast for another great year at Hogwarts to come" he says waving his wand again, filling the goblets on our tables with what looked like red wine but what turned out to be sparkling red grape juice.

It's extremely weird that we're having a "Toast" because we've never had a toast before. Even the older kids said they've never had one.

"Now everyone must drink to the toast" Dumbledore bellows.

Everyone does as their told except for me. I don't drink to the toast because it seems odd to me. I don't know why but it does.

"And special thinks to Slytherin house student, Carter Reed, who will be performing a small little song before we get them sorted" he says welcoming Carter to the front.

"One thousand years ago this story starts
There were four sorcerers with strong and wise hearts
Bold Gryffindor from wild moor
Fair Ravenclaw from glen
Sweet Hufflepuff from valley broad
Shrewd Slytherin from fen
They had a dream to teach all that they knew
Witches and wizards came far and it grew
'Til a castle stood tall by the shores of a lake
And a thousand years later the magic remains " her voice is amazing and there's  something about it that seems different from everyone else.