Chapter 17: First Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

Once Katerina was back in her room she changed out of her dress. She hung it up in her closet. She changed into her night clothes then laid down and went to sleep.
**********Two Weeks Later**********
Katerina was zoning out again as Marcus was explaining about all the different clans and who lived in them. He stopped talking when he noticed she wasn't paying attention. Katerina your zoning out again. He said what oh yeah I'm sorry Marcus it's just I have a lot on my mind. She replied I think that enough for today. We can pick up tomorrow. He replied thanks Marcus she got up quickly and took her book with her and left without saying goodbye. Marcus sat in his chair and sighed to himself she had been so distant since the ball. He wondered what was going on in that head of hers. His next lesson was going to be about mates and the mating bond. He couldn't wait to be able to tell her that she was his and Caius mate. But that would have to wait till tomorrow. A few minutes later Alec walked into the library master Marcus Aro request your presence in the throne room we have some unexpected guests. He said okay thank you Alex I will be right there. He left and followed Alec to the throne room. When he walked in he noticed 5 vampires. It wasn't until he sat down that he heard the voice of the one woman he hoped to never see again.
Marcus it's so good to see you. I have missed you since we last saw each other . You never wrote to me like you promised. The woman said as she smiled seductively. It's nice to see you too Cleopatra. I'm sorry I have been very busy. He replied I'll forgive you this time. She replied so what brings you and your family here today. Aro asked we wish to join forces and possible trading between you and our clan. One of the men answered Aro looked at him. Why would we increase our tradings with you? Aro asked Because we have something you want. Men bring in our gifts. The doors opened in walked demitri and Felix along with two members of cleopatras clan the were holding two men bound in chains. one with white blonde hair and the other short cropped brunette hair they stopped before Aro. Felix and demitri forces them to look up at the sight Aro caius and Marcus all growled in anger. Aro stood up and walked down. Wel well Stephan, and Vladimir. It's been awhile. Vladimir just spit at him. Marcus caius would you like to do the honors. Aro asked they both stood up and each stood in front of Vladimir and Stephan. They both grabbed their heads just as they were about to end them. When the door opened. In walked Katerina she was holding the red book about vampires father I have a question about one of the practices... She looked up and saw everyone and the two men. Her heart began to race quickly. They found her she was about to run when in seconds Aro was beside her. Katerina this clan captured your kidnappers and brought them here to be punished. You don't have to worry anymore they will never hurt you again. He said softly she hugged him tightly. He held her close and kisses the top of her head. Father if it's okay with you I would like to watch. I have yet to witness an execution. She asked yes you may if you feel you are up to it. He replied yes I am feeling up to it. She walked up to the front she sat down in caius throne Aro sat down his. She scanned the new faces in the crowd one face stood out it was a woman with caramel skin and long straight hair she looked to be Arabian or Egyptian. She was tall and very beautiful. She noticed that the woman was intently staring at Marcus with a seductive look. She swallowed the saliva that had build up in her mouth. How could she compete with that. She was an immortal goddess while she was a lowly mortal. She turned back to what was happening. She watched as the execution continued. Aro announced their crimes and their punishment was death. A minute later their bodies were torn apart and burned. Katerina couldn't keep her eyes officials of caius and Marcus as they ended the lives of her kidnappers they looked like vengeful gods. She smiled to herself evilly she was surprised to find that she had enjoyed watching. She looked over to the woman she was walking over to Marcus. She watched as the woman placed her hand on Marcus arm. She couldn't hear what they were saying to each other. That made her even more angry. She stood up. Aro are you going to introduce us to this exquisite beauty the man standing next to Marcus said Aro looked over towards Katerina. Yes this is my daughter and your Princess Katerina. The clan bowed except for the woman. She just gave Katerina a disgusted look then continued to talk with Marcus. Do you think you are too good to show some respect to your princess cleopatra? Caius asked no but I don't bow to lowly humans. She replied just bow Cleo Marcus said she rolled her eyes then quickly bowed then turned her attention back to Marcus. Now Marcus I would like to pick up where we left off last. She took his hand and led him out of the throne room. Katerina was holding back tears. Caius couldn't believe what he had just witnessed he moved over to Katerina come princess come spend time with me. You had questions didn't you? He said yes I did she replied she looked at caius and took his hand. He led her to his room. She walked in and sat down on his bed. He sat down beside her. The whole walk to his room he could smell the salt from the tears that had begun to brim in her eyes. He was angry that Marcus would go off with that whore of a woman cleopatra. He wrapped his arms around her. It's okay kat just let it it's better than holding it in. She tried to hold it in but finally just let the floodgates open. She cried into his chest. Why does... it.. hurt ...so much Cai. She asked I don't know kat I'm sorry he hurt you this way. I wish I could do something to help you. Just hold me Cai I just need to be held. She replied her sobs quieted down till all that was left was silent tears. She fell asleep in his arms. Caius picked her up and placed her under the covers of his bed. He kissed her forehead. I wish you knew that I love you more than anything my beautiful listener. And Marcus loves you the same. I'm sure he didn't intentionally hurt you. You are our everything our mate. He blew the candle out and left her to sleep.

OK I'm sorry I know I said one of them would make a move this chapter but this idea popped into my head don't worry the move will be in the next chapter I promise.
Don't forget to review and vote

Thank you to Cariwithwings you are an amazing follower. I dedicate this chapter and the next to you 😆