♡ Chapter Two ♡

"Thanks for helping me, Jeydon." Darla, my older and only sister, said as we pulled into the Target parking spot.

"I swear, that's all I seem to be doing nowadays is helping people move." I rolled my eyes, the beginning of last month was when I had helped Caleb move into the house he was renting and afterwards we'd christened the place. And today, my sister begged me to help her shop for her new apartment, not only was it going to be closer to her college, but it'd be her and her boyfriend, Austin's, first place together.

And knowing she was about to move in with her boyfriend, made me think of moving in with mine. There was nothing more that I wanted to do than to move in with Caleb, but my parents were extremely against anything homo, and I didn't want them to get suspicious.

"...did you just hear anything I said, Jey?" Darla raised a brow as I zoned back in.

"No." I shook my head.

"Of course you didn't." She rolled her eyes. "Well, at least you're honest. Now c'mon, we gotta go down the lady aisle."

"Do we have to?" I groaned.

"I mean, you don't have to but I do...well, actually, you kinda have to, too." She shrugged, "Let's see I need pads...condoms...pregnancy tests."

"Pregnancy tests?" I raised a brow. "And ew, I don't wanna know what naughtiness you and Austin do in private."

"Oh, like you and Caleb don't do it," She teased, pushing me playfully by my shoulder. "And yes, pregnancy tests, I like to keep them on hand, just in case."

"Hey, what me and Caleb do is definitely different!" I hissed.

"Not when we've got the same parts!"

"I don't even use those parts!" I was born intersex, meaning I had an extra set of...parts, we'll call them. But it only went to that extent. I couldn't have babies, or anything like that.

"Mmm, I'd be careful to still use condoms, just to be on the safe side." She teased.

I mocked her, brushing off her comment as I followed behind her. Caleb and I had never used condoms, and we'd never had any problems. We were faithful, and like I already said, I couldn't have babies, so we didn't really see the point in using protection.

We finally made it through her extensive shopping list that in the end, required three shopping carts to take to her car.

"So, I think when we get back to the apartment, I'm gonna take a pregnancy test." She tapped her thumbs against the steering wheel.

"Really?" I raised a brow.

She nodded and it turned into a shrug. "I haven't told Austin, yet. But I've missed a couple of periods, and my boobs are really, really sorry. So, I don't know if I'm pregnant, or if it's just the stress from moving making my period late."

"What are you gonna do if it's positive?" I raised a brow.

She looked at me like I'd grown a second head. "I'm gonna be a mom, duh."

"Well, yeah, I'd assume that," I rolled my eyes. "But I mean like...long term."

"Well," She hesitated and then shrugged again. "Austin and I are probably gonna get married, we've already talked about that."

She practically sped the whole way to the apartment, making me text Austin to tell him to come help me carry everything in while she carried the lighter stuff, just in case. She didn't breathe a word about anything to Austin when she seen him, just a quick kiss and then telling me to go meet her up there.

Once everything was inside, I met her in her bedroom, leaving Austin to figure out where everything would go. "I don't wanna get Austin excited, just in case it's a fluke." She opened up the box.

"That's understandable." I shrugged.

"But I was thinking," She handed one to me, "It'd be kinda fun if you took one, too, just for shits and giggles."

"I really don't want to." I looked down at it as she placed it in my hands.

"Okay," She shrugged, "I just thought it would've been funny is all."

"Yeah, well, maybe next time."

I sat on her bed while she went to go take the test, she had locked the bedroom door, just in case Austin decided to barge in, but thankfully, he was busy with other things. I heard the water turn on and off, and then she emerged a few seconds later, the test in her hands.

"5 minutes." She raised her brows in anticipation. She set it down on the nightstand, neither of us talking until the timer went off. "Moment of truth!" She grabbed it, looking over at me excitedly. "Do a count down!"

I rolled my eyes, but obliged. "3...2...1."

She was so excited, she nearly flipped it on 3, how she had enough self restraint to not, I had no idea, but anyways, she flipped it and her eyes widened. "Jey...I'm gonna be a mommy."

A/N: picture is Caleb