Chapter 17

Aphmau's POV
I slowly open up the bathroom door and peek outside.

Katelyn is standing there with an unnervingly mischievous smirk, holding my cellphone to the door.

Garroth was on the other end.

And to make it worse, I start laughing.

"Wow, my 'Travis-groping-your-butt' thing really must have ticked you off!"

Her smirk widens, "So Garroth. How was it?"

I roll my eyes, now pressed up against the open door, arms crossed across chest. By now I have given up on the thought of my phone even being returned before the call ends. Still, I can't help but feel a twing of red creep onto my face out of the context of Katelyn's words.

"What was what? Sorry, but the word 'it' isn't specific what-so-ever." Garroth replies with a hint or sarcasm in his voice.

Katelyn smirks, standing on her toes and rocking back to her heels, "Oh ya' know- You and Aph, yesterday- hmm?"

"Excuse me? What kind of assumption are you making?" Garroth remarks.

"Just say it." She sings.

"You'll have to forgive me, I'm having one of those days where my middle finger is doing all the talking." He replies snarkily and I snort, trying to hold back a bit of laughter.

She only scoffs, "Either answer the question or have a nice, cold glass of shut the hell up."

"You know, I'd try to think of another insult but nature seems to have done enough."

"Please pleb, nature is the source of all beauty." She retorts.

"Then try to at least make your makeup look like Crayola didn't gangbang you." Garroth replies with sarcasm laced throughout his voice.

"I barely even wear make-up." Katelyn says laughing, I am just disappointed that she broke the comeback streak.

"Hey! You messed it up!" Garroth replies with a whining voice.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, you still haven't answered the question." Katelyn brings up again.

There is a moment of hesitation before Garroth replies, "You don't need to know. Bye." With a snicker, the line goes dead.

Katelyn brings the phone away from her ear, holding it in front of her mouth, "YOU DON'T HANG UP ON ME, I'LL FREAKIN' WHOOP YOUR ASS!"

Numerous possible meanings to Garroth's mischief roll through my head until I find the right match.

"WHY WON'T ANYBODY CLARIFY THIS!?" Katelyn yells at me before handing me the phone and shoving me to the door that I was already pressed up against.

"Tell meeee!" She whines.

"Let your imagination run wild." I say before winking.

"Don't ever wink at me again you filthy liar."

I give a convincing giggle to strengthen my claim.

"Y-You didn't... Y-YOU COULDN'T! BRUH, WHAT THE HELL!?!"

"Well what can I say, I can't refuse dinner." I say cheekily.

Her tense shoulders relax and she closes her eyes, massaging the space between them.

"You're a jerk." She says, punching my shoulder.

"And you've got a filthy mind." I reply snickering. "Anyways now that you're here, WANNA PLAY MINECRAFT?!"

Before she even responds, I bolt over to the living room to set everything up.

~*~
~Garroth's POV~
"So yesterday I was pulled over by this girl with red hair and she started flirting with me. She looked familiar all besides she didn't know the annunciation of my name, she does realize there is an "o" in my name, right? Anyways, after about a minute of me just staring boredly at her, she seemed to get tired and just left. I was left to stand there contemplating what had happened." I say as I walk beside Aphmau, Katelyn, and Dante. Aphmau seemed to be understanding something it a bit more than I would think but she wasn't saying anything about it.

Aphmau lifts her gaze from the ground, "What did she look like, exactly?"

"Well her hair was like a reddish pink, she had cyan blue eyes, her nose was a bit pointed, and she had a small beauty mark under her left eye brow. That's as far as I can remember, have you seen her before?" I say watching as Aphmau's eyes light up in confirmation, however before she could say anything, Katelyn speaks.

"Isn't that the Ivy girl that had a huge crush on you since highschool? She seemed to be a real know-it-all brat."

I squint my eyes in curiosity, I had my head down and focused on books throughout highschool so I wouldn't have noticed, but... I trail off before I finish my sentence.

For some reason, my eyes keep drifting over to Aphmau. I don't know why, but it makes me notice all the small details in her face.

Okay and now I feel like a creep we're done here, I look back ahead to ponder my life's choices.

"Whelp, I'm dumb." I say aloud to myself, not realizing I spoke.

"Why?" Dante asks, before adding- "Besides the usual reasons."

I roll my eyes, "Well besides the fact that I was so dense in highschool, I never really payed much attention to any of you guys as well." I say, motioning my hand towards Dante.

"That's an excuse, but all right." I hear Katelyn mutter.

"How would you know? You weren't even there!" I retort.

She face-palms before adding, "Well at least the dense part was right," she sighs, "I sat right next to you in Consumer Math and Trigonometry in the fourth year."

I stop.

The fourth year, I thought, That's when They took him.

I drop to my knees and put my hands over my head, cringing away from the thought. My whole body started to shake and I muted though gasps of surprise around me. I shook my head in sorrow, hyperventilating. The only word I could utter was the last one before my panic attack made me lose consciousness.

"Zane..."

~Heeeyyy, how's it been?

SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN OVER A MONTH, I WAS VERY BUSY! I've only been home eight days this month and it is the 17th.

IMPORTANT!!!! PLEASE READ THIS!

I will be having surgury on the 31st of August and it will take a piece of bone from my hip and put it in my upper jaw because there is a shaft in my gumline leading to my nose (I was born with cleft lip and pallet) they are going to close that hole via surgury and I will be a limping couch potato for a week subsequently, however I will be on soft foods for a month and unable to participate in school activities for a month as well. Now I'm not making any promises but this may cause me to write more when I'm not walking off my limp.

Also a book I am writing with my two friends fearless_pineapple4 and Tristobiaslove called Colors will be out on my Cats_on_Poptarts account by August 29th-30th THIS IS A PROMISE. The prologue at least.

Thanks for reading my concerns and such.

I appreciate your existance.
Keep smiling!
Caio!
-Gabby