Chapter 15

Aphmau's POV
I feel myself wake up, hard bone against my cheek as I hear subtle murmurs all around me, gradually growing louder. I keep my eyes shut as to seem as if I'm still asleep, Travis's voice seems closest so I assume he is the shoulder I am leaning on.

I hear a conversation between two people and I realize the other person sounds like Garroth.

Cadenza's voice is lacking so it's either she left or is staying quiet. Knowing how much Cadenza talks, it is likely she went home.

"You don't know? But you're her friend!" I hear Travis's voice pipe up somewhat.

"I only recently met her, even if I did know, it isn't my choice to tell you that."

I hear an understanding "huh" from Travis.

Are they talking about me?

"So you're sure she is okay? I worry about her sometimes." Travis says calmly.

I figure Garroth nods because the room grows quieter and Travis relaxes.

After a few more seconds, I slowly open my eyes and push myself up. My vision is blurred and tinted red. I look around but I seem to have tunnel vision. My eyes fixate on my palms while a voice echoes in my head.

"You won't see it coming."

What?

See what?

My hands turn on their sides and curl into fists.

Why? What did I do?

Menacing blue eyes appear in my mind.

I have seen those eyes before... Where?

There is just something that's not adding up...

Why did I get warned of something, or more teased, in a dream?

I feel a sharp prod in my side, "APHMAU?!"

I snap out of my thoughts and see Travis staring at me, somewhat annoyed.

"S-Sorry!" I say, still a little out of it.

He sighs, "Why have you been so zoned out lately?"

"Sorry! I didn't mean to cause problems! Was I?" I ask.

"No, I am just worrying because you haven't been paying attention to anything."

"I didn't mean to worry you!"

"Would you stop apologizing?!"

"SORRY!"

Travis plants his face into his palm and lets out a chuckle. "You are really something else aren't you?"

I hold my breath to prevent myself from apologising again.

"Anyways, if you ever need anything, feel free to let me know. I feel so out of the loop, I barely know any of your friends." He says disappointedly.

"Oh, quit it it! You know Katelyn!" I scoff, standing up to gather my stuff.

He stares at me, dumbfounded.

"The one with the blue hair." I say.

"Oh! You mean the one with the butt?"

I start laughing, "Yeah sure, because nobody except her has a butt."

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!"

"Sometimes I question if we're even related." I mumble.

"Huh?"