Chapter 4

Garroth's POV
We enter the doors of the house where the party is at. I study the crowds of people, the house, and everything that is going on. There are people with small, tight clothing on, cups of beer scattered around, and a dizzying scent of alcohol in the air. The music is on full blast and colorful lights spin around the room mixing whenever they overlap.

I walk over to a corner where there is almost no people and sit on the floor. Well guitar is out of the picture.

I pull ear buds from my pocket and plug them into the headphone jack. I place the armatures in my ears and turn on my playlist on SoundCloud, turning up the volume to drown out the noise of the party.

I close off the app, keeping it in my background so that it continues playing, and I open up the book on WattPad again.

I stare blankly at the screen, not able to focus on the words. My heart ached to play guitar, but I couldn't.

Because I said no.

I heave an exasperated sigh and I turn off the music before I stand up again. I weave through the crowd searching for Laurance until I see him standing near Cadenza, talking.

I finally get close enough to him that he could hear me, "HEY LAURANCE!" I shout over the music and the voices.

He turns around, surprised to see me coming to him. He nods to Cadenza and walks towards me.

"What's up?" He asks.

"I want to take up your offer." I tell him glancing at the stage.

"You are?! Okay, what are you gonna sing?"

"I just finished creating the lyrics to a song. I kind of was messing around with the lyrics when I wrote it. Can you play the drums?" I ask, reaching into my guitar case and handing him the sheet of lyrics.

With the way he was looking at it, I was half expecting him to refuse but instead he shugged, "Alright, I can do this. Wanna do it now?"

"Sure."

====
Guitar has always known a way to make me smile.

Even now, when I barely know how to be positive, guitar can bring out a laugh, a smile, my enjoyable side.

I like to be like that, but it is just so hard for me to do, when I can hardly stand most things.
====

I let out a breath and position the guitar against my torso, I flick my wrist against the strings creating rough, sharp notes.

I lift my head and start singing.

"Shipwreck in a sea of faces,
There's a dreamy world up there.
Dear friends in higher places,
Carry me away from here..."

Aphmau's POV (New one! =^-^=)
Do you know how hard it is when your friend repeatedly asks you to go to a party!? It took all of me to tell her no, but still! When will people learn!?

I roll over on the couch, sitting up again. I turn on Minecraft on my computer and choose multiplayer. I plug in the jack for my VRMMO and lay down with the visor over my eyes.

I close my eyes, and I get swept away into the virtual world.

I open my eyes again, I am laying in a house in a village. I stand up and grab the starter tools from the chest: a stack of torches and a full set of stone tools.

I place my sword into my spare compartment and it enters the sheath on my back.

I swing the door open and run to the center of town to look up at the large hologram located at the top of the clock tower.

"Welcome! To Earthland Survival Games, or ESG for short! You all have thirty minutes to collect the best weapons you can before PvP is turned on. Remember, you do not regain health once your life bar goes down, daylight cycle is on. Good luck and have fun!"

I listen to the announcer relay the same message I always hear and then I run out of town.

I head straight for the plains, which is northwest of the town, just five minutes away. I remember the first time I played I forgot about the hunger bar and I died of starvation in the mines.

I wont make the same mistake.

The plains come into view as I weave through the oak trees, stopping every now and again to gather logs for later.

I slaughter some pigs and cows and I run straight for an opening in the ground. I hop in, murder a zombie, take its experience, and gather some coal.

I immediatly see a drop after gathering half a stack of iron. I peek over the edge, "Jackpot!" I whisper to myself and I hop down to a ledge.

I place smooth stone over the opening and mark the area with a torch. I nimbly make my way into the ravine all of the way to its floor.

I spot lapis and gold.

"I forgot apples!" I shriek to myself as I stare at the gold that mocks me. Shining with lava light hitting it.

I nerd pole up to the lapis and gather it from the walls, pulling my fist down in achievement as I collect it.

I start breaking the cobblestone from under me until I hear a sharp "whoosh" and my health lowers.

There was no ping, so that meant a skeleton had shot me.

"ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?! AGAIN!" I scream angrily as I fall into lava, "SCREW YOU SKELETON!"

This is the second time in a row I have gone out like this. This is my fifth time playing.

My health diminishes and a death note shows up, "Aphmau has been eliminated from the games! Death: Lava"

My eyes open and I'm back in the real world, "Crap." I mutter angrily. Sitting up, I lift off my visor and look up at my clock, 8:19.

"Well that sucks, only nineteen minutes!" I say to myself, I have survived for 1 hour and 13 minutes before, that was my third run. I ended tied for fourth.

I died from a supercharged creeper, going out with another player beside me.

We had been battling with diamond swords and iron armor, and the creeper had fallen from a tree and we had no time to react.

"I have to get better." I say to myself as I reach for the phone in my pocket. I dial a number and call her up.

"Hey, Kate? Can you help me with ESG?"