Chapter 6

Garroth's POV
I put all the power I have into my legs to reach the group. I finally reach them, breathing heavily.

"Nicole! Katelyn! What's going on!?" I hear the girl shout as she reaches them shortly after I do. Darn! I forgot to ask her name!

"You don't have to worry, Aphmau. I was just leaving." Nicole growls.

"Come on, let's go." Katelyn says.

So her name is Aphmau? I've never heard anything like that before. I think to myself as I see Katelyn pull Nicole away.

"Sorry about my friend." I hear Aphmau say.

"No it's okay. Things between Dante and Nicole have been pretty scrappy lately." Laurance says.

"Wait you're Dante?" Aphmau asks, pointing toward Dante. "So, are you Laurance?" Aphmau asks looking at Laurance.

They both nod and I walk forward, "And your name is Aphmau? I heard Nicole say it and I just assumed."

She nods and lets off a slight "mhmm," when Katelyn calls her over.

"Well, I gotta go! See ya' soon!" Aphmau says while running off, she tosses me a glance, nodding a farewell, before turning away.

Aphmau's POV
~The next day~

"Hey Aaron! Haven't talked to you in a while!" I say to him cheerily over the computer.

Aaron had gone to Australia last year for a job offer, we used to talk every day, however over time, it became every other day, then every week, then every month, and now it has been five months since we last talked. Before he left, Aaron and I had been dating and we had tried our best to keep in touch, however each of our jobs consumed us, and we slowly stopped talking.

"Um... H-hey Aphmau." He says nervously, repeatedly glancing over the top of the screen.

"So what has it been like over there for so long?" I ask and Aaron looks back to me.

"Look, I'm sorry, I really can't talk right now." He says quickly.

"Oh? What's wrong? You don't seem all that busy." I ask curiously.

"I said I gotta go, I'm sorry." He says, and his image disappears from the screen with a pop.

He was acting awfully weird, I think to myself as I close off of the app. "You'd think, after five months, he'd want to catch up. So why would he be avoiding me?" I whisper to myself in the lightened darkness.

I tried to keep mindful of the time difference. Because it was thirteen hours, I called him at 6 A.M., therefore it would be 7 P.M. there. Yet, why would he be busy? He seemed to be set up on a dining room table. "Maybe he was making dinner?" I ask myself as I get out of bed to turn on a light.

I shake my head, it was nothing to worry about so why would I?

~*~

I called him again three more times that week.

The second time I called he said he was busy and hung up.

The third time he told me to stop and hung up.

The fourth time he just rejected the call.

I was getting really ticked his actions so I called him right back after he rejected the call.

However this time the face that popped up before me was not Aaron. This was a girl with dark brown, fringed hair, ocean-blue eyes, and a beige dress. However, me being so blinded by my anger, completed ignored this.

"Hey! Aaron! Look, I'm getting tired of this! I haven't talked to you in months and all you want to do-" I get cut off as the soft voice comes out of the computer.

"Um? Hello?" She asks, confused.

"I-I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked, completely stunned at what had happened.

"My name is Lily, I'm Aaron's wife." She says kindly.

Wife? The word hits me like a pile of bricks. It repeats again and again, I go completely empty inside.

"I-I'm sorry, b-but did you just say w-wife?" I ask, baffled. My eyes go wide and my breathing starts going staggered.

She nods, a worried look appearing on her face. "Yes, are you okay?"

"No, I-I'm fine, congratulations." I say, forcing a fake smile.

"Thank you." She says, but she still looks worried. "Did you happen to know Aaron?" She asks.

Yeah, he i-was my boyfriend, I think to myself, I feel tears threating to spill. "No, h-he was... just a friend." I say softly, I didn't feel like ruining her mood so I kept quiet.

Her original smile is now a frown, "I'm sorry, I didn't ask you your name."

"I-It's Aphmau." I whisper.

"Aphmau, well that's a wonderful name. Oh! I'm rambling, did you want to see Aaron?" She asks kindly.

I scrunch closed my eyes, and shake my head, "It was nice talking to you, but I h-have to go. Good bye." I close off the app and slam my laptop closed.

"HAS HE FORGOTTEN ME COMPLETELY!?!? NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS AVOIDING ME! HE HAS A WIFE AND HE WAS TOO AFRAID TO TELL ME TO MY FACE! AND IT TOOK ME TO MEET HIS WIFE AND SHE TOLD IT TO ME, FOR ME TO FIND OUT! WHAT A FREAKING JERK!" I scream at the top of my lungs, heart-broken tears falling from my eyes.

I brush at my eyes with the back of my palms, yet they just keep streaming. All of a sudden I start laughing, "A wife! Get that!" I say. I clench my fists and walk into my closet to punch the wall, my hand breaks right through the hollow wall and my fist starts to burn. I yank it back, cradling it with my other hand. I step out of my closet to look at my fist, sure enough, it had scarlet blood dripping between the knuckles.

"Oh he is so lucky he isn't here right now." I growl. I extend and retract my fingers repeatedly, blood boiling in my ears. I take deep breaths, and I sit down in the center of my bedroom. I pull my knees close to me and place my head on top of them.

"What an ignorant jerk." I say in between sobs.