Happily *As its Ever Gonna Be* After

** 1month, 7days, 12 hours and

7

8

9 seconds and we were still "friends." There may have been tiny slip up moments but nothing that could not be pushed off as "friendly gestures." Like today to be exact, me and a friend were simply going on vacation together.

As friends.

People did that.. Well that was the story, and I'm sticking with it.

"Miamiiii! !" I said yelling out the window. Kate giggled before pulling me back into the seat.

"Shush. your gonna cause a scene! Everyones gonna know why Justin Bieber is in Miami acting like fool instead of sun tanning like the rest of the celeb world." she rolled her eyes at the last part of her on sentence.

"Well I wouldn't look like a fool if a 'friend' was along side with me. But no, you were to busy buying giant hats." I said smacking the brim if it.

"You know what? I can bring shame to myself like the best of em, lets go!" She tapped the driver to stop at the beach and then we ran out of the car in a psychomaniac fashion, like the mature people we are. We may have gotten half way along the beach screaming, flailing, and laughing before we were surrounded. Excited whispers surrounded us and cameras- that were asking to just fall into water- out. Miraculously, papers, napkins, anything that could be written on, were shoved toward me. By habit now I saw Kate scoot out of the crowd so the people could get their able to be written on objects signed. We quickly learned it was quicker like this. After addressing the most of them I explained how I was on vacation and theire eyes now drifted to Kate. There was shared looks before someone asked the same question that almost was the end of us.

" Are you guys dating?"

Now it was our turn to share an amused glance, then Kate spoke up.

"No, we're just really good friends."