The First of Many Meltdowns

I sighed deeply as she fluffed her hair before planting a huge grin on her face and stepping out of the car. The driver stood by the door baffled, I just shook my head at him as I grabbed her wrist and she processed her surroundings.

"Where is everyone?" She huffed and shook me off half jogging left and right to check if maybe they were hiding.

"I had my driver drop us late to avoid..you know. We would've never gotten in on time." She mumbled something under her breath before plastering a smile back on her face.

"Okay! Great thinking Jaybie! But let's go! You could be getting nominated AS.WE.SPEAK!" She tugged me forward as she started to run in then slowed her pace as we neared the door. She took a breath then pushed it open. As we stumbled over people to our seats, she let giggle after giggle escape causing cold glares that quickly changed to questioning stares. She plopped down in her seat leaning over before busting into a giggling fit. I raised one eyebrow at her before leaning in toward her.

"What is really that funny?"

Her face grew serious. "Huh? Oh, nothing." Then she hummed to herself staring at the stage as they said the nominees for "Best Kiss." I went through the next half an hour clapping politely for the people I had no clue were, and considerably loud for the ones I actually did know.  Then they began to say the nominees for Best New Artist, when my name was called Kate squealed and clapped with glee, then leaned over and squeezed my wrist, "You've got that in the bag!" I shh-ed her as they said they'd come back after commercial break, reminding me that other people, besides the ones currently in the room, were watching this like a T.V. show. The guy to the left of Kate leaned over her and stretched his arm over her waiting to shake hands with me. I shook it awkwardly as he began to nod holding a death grip on my hand, "Your Justin Beeeber, right?" 

"Yeah..." I said considering the fact to correct him on the pronunciation, then decided againist since he proceding on. 

"My daughters are big BIG fans of you little," I chuckled, " music. Isn't that right?" He said leaning behind him talking to who I assume was his daughters. I heard angry mutterings before the father was replaced by a brunette who had her hair fall down in curls, and a blond leaning over on the other side of her, both wearing huge grins. "I'm Melissa!" the blond piped up now catching me of by suprise. "I'm Kati! But with an 'i'! You know like Katy Perry...only with an 'i'!" Melissa elbowed her, "And your last names not Perry" she said it slowly like the girl would'nt process this. 

"Ohmigawsh!" Kate said moving the girls from leaning over her, "My name is Kate! Right Jaybie?!" She said turning her eyes to me, she knew I knew the answer, I didn't see the point in answering the question.

"Ohmigawsh! Ohmigawsh!" Melissa & Kati said picking up the same voice Kate used, "You guys aren't like..." Kati leaned in and whispered, "an item?"  I scratched my head and gave an awkward laugh just before Kate took control of the situation. "Me and Jaybie? Of course! Since like forever and a day!" You could see the girls grins visablly change into frowns right before they bust in to tears and leaned againist each for support. My eyes widened and darted around to see who had noticed, the lady was back on stage ready to announce the winner in

5

4

3

2

1