Liam and I stepped inside. Avery stood at the door; there wasn't enough room for her.

"Try and get just the cameras?" I asked Liam.

"Right." He rubbed his hands together, as if trying to warm them. Liam closed his eyes and took a breath.

Stanwood Talent differed from the Reinhardts. Everything I did had an incantation, words that had to be said to make anything work. Liam stood quietly, his focus inward.

I knew exactly what he was thinking, feeling almost. He would concentrate first on finding the cold power, pulling it to the surface slowly, carefully. Then, once the Talent was ready, he would shape it, warping it to work the spell.

Liam opened his eyes. They were frosted over with Talent, showing nothing of his pupils or irises. Wisps of cold fog rose from his outstretched hands.

"There," Liam said, his eyes clearing. "I've no idea if-"

"It worked," Avery said, her head popping in the door frame.

I stepped outside next to her. "How do you know?"

She pointed to the top corner of the closest building, where a camera was mounted under a security flood light. It was smoking.

I glanced back at Liam. "Great work."

He sighed. "Let's get this done."

We slipped through the gap in the fence where the chain and padlock left enough room for a person to slip through.

The place was deserted. I expected guards at least, maybe witches hanging around. Were the Henderson's wrong? Was this just a normal warehouse?

Questions rattled around my mind as unease grew in the pit of my stomach.

I kept close to Avery, her presence steadying mine.

We ran across the open parking lot to the side of the closest warehouse. Dirty windows lined the wall in the shadows; there wasn't a door on this side.

I tried using the sleeve of my hoodie to clean a spot on the window to see through, but it didn't help. They were as dirty on the inside as on the outside, but I noticed it moved a little as I tried. I worked my fingers under the lip, and found it unlocked. I pulled it outward slowly, ducking under it to peek inside. There wasn't anyone in sight.

"What are those?" Avery asked. She and Liam looked

Inside, shadowed pallets of boxes towered, creating a mini city of cardboard surrounded by plastic wrap to kept them from toppling. Bundles of lumber were piled to the side.

"Only one way to find out." I climbed in carefully, aware of every tiny noise I made.

After I was in, I turned and helped Avery over the sill as Liam held the window.

We walked through rows of pallets and wood. Avery stopped every so often to check writing and labels on the boxes, comparing it to the letter using a little flashlight she'd dug out of her bag.

"It's all the same," she whispered after catching up with me. "Everything is here, the different types of wood, the oils and herbs. That's all of it, except the plants they mentioned."

"There was another warehouse."

Liam turned his own flashlight on us. "This isn't enough proof?"

I bit my lip. We were running out of time, but the more information we could get now the better prepared we'd be to tell the others.

"Let's take a quick look, and see if we can figure out what kind of plants they are. Then we'll go." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate that I'm getting these sections up so slow! Life has a way of getting in my way. Leaking roof - in the house we're trying to move out of and sell. Lots of internet issues at the new place (which we've finally settled most of.) Now I'm sick with a summer cold, and all of this on top of being pregnant! So a huge thank you for all your comments and votes!! It seriously makes my day a bit brighter! - <3 J.D.

D