10 Things I Love About Rythma

Name's Sin. No last name, just Sin. There once was a last night but it swam away like the ugly duckling, though no swan-like metamorphosis was on the horizon. Anywho-be-do. Apparently, there's a competition going on with Wattpad called the Wattys. I asked some of the asylum residents their thoughts.

Hi! What's your name?

Rythma.

Where are you from?

I'm from Sri Lanka!

Ah, Arthur C. Clarke lived there! I used to love his books. And they have that rock fortress too. Cool! Do you like living there? If not, where would your favourite place to live be? If yes, where would you least like to live?

I don't live in my home country, I live in Dubai, UAE. Not that I don't love this country, but I've lived here for a very long time so a change of scenery would be welcome. I would love to live in New York City someday! The city that never sleeps and all that.

Sleep is overrated anyway. Still, Dubai sounds glamorous. Saying that, I'm in an asylum so a bin bag in Bognor sounds fancy. As you're a writer, is this your 'day job'?

Unfortunately, no. I just graduated High School and I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of medical schools.

Medical school? I have a thing about doctors, and not in a good way. If you've met Connors, you'd understand. Moving swiftly on, tell me about your latest project.

My latest project is a dystopian trilogy that is still in the earliest stages of planning. All I'm sure for now is that it will be a cross between a bit of science fiction and fantasy. Hoping to get it ready to go up on Wattpad at the start of next year!

That sounds exciting. That Shaun Allan guy finds it difficult to plan things out. Makes it so difficult being me! More importantly, how do you feel about bacon? A crazy person once said it was the food of the gods. OK, I admit that person was myself...

Hahaha. I guess you're right because no one can refuse a bit of bacon. Not the biggest fan of it though, sorry.

I'd like to say your apology is accepted. I'd like to, but... it's BACON! OK, what is your favourite film?

This question always stumps me, but I'm going to have to say 10 Things I Hate About You, since I have most likely watched it more than the director himself and Heath Ledger was, and is forever my favourite actor.

He was a brilliant actor, that's for sure. Have you always wanted to be a writer, or is it something you found yourself doing one day?

If someone told me a couple of years ago that I would be dedicating more than half of my time to writing now, I would have laughed. I've always kept journals when I was younger and I was a child with a very vivid imagination but being a writer was never something I had thought of even remotely. But then one day I joined Wattpad and here we are. I wouldn't go back on any of it.

I would love to write, but we're not allowed sharp implements or anything with a cord... Do you have so many ideas they dribble out of your nose if you don't get them down, or do you have to hunt around the floor and the back of your sofa to find where your Muse is hiding?

This might sound a bit disgusting but I pretty much have ideas seeping out of every pore of my body most of the time. You can sometimes find me scrambling as fast as I can for a piece of paper or my phone to write down the ideas before they vanish into thin air forever. It happens in my sleep too, at like 3am in the dead of the night.

Maybe I should introduce you to Mucus Mickey. He always has plenty of tissues. I know Shaun keeps meaning to keep a small journal with him but always forgets. I keep giving him prompts about what I'm up to but, by the time he's at a point he can write them down, we've both forgotten! If you were in an asylum, what would your particular delusion or psychosis be?

Schizophrenia, definitely.

You'd potentially get lost in your own worlds! What genre(s) do you write?

Fanfiction, Teen Fiction and now Fantasy.

They're fairly close

They're fairly close. Not. I suppose that gives you plenty of scope. It's a good job you practically sweat ideas then! What genres(s) do you read?

Pretty much any genre/book I can get my hands on.

That's good. An eclectic choice of material gives the brain juices something to work on. Hmmm... Brainzzzzzzz.... Erm... Where was I? If these are the same, what attracts you to them. If they're different, why do you think that is?

Like I said, I read pretty much any genre if I find it interesting and that is why you'll see me working on different genres. I started writing on Wattpad under Fanfiction because it makes it easier for a lot of young people to relate to, makes it easier to get through to them. And being a big fangirl of many things myself, it was easier when I was first starting out to use that shred of reality and utilize it in my work.

My reality is in shreds most of the time, so I feel your pain. Oh, you meant... Bacon - just cooked or crispy?

Oh man, crispy.

Right answer! You had me worried there. Now, you're entering your work into the Wattys for 2016. Watt story (do you see what I did there?) are you entering? Tell us about it!

I applaud you for that pun! And I'm entering my story 'For When I' which is categorized under Teen Fiction on Wattpad. It's a coming of age novel about a girl named Azure Waters who was raised by a mother who is a scientist working for NASA. She is a very intelligent being with an incredibly high IQ. Azure sets off on a summer road trip through Europe with her internet best friend and among the people who join them on the trip is a guy named Harry, who is a gentle soul with a camera in his hands a suitcase full of secrets that starts to spill as they go. It's a fates game, it's a conspiracy and a story of innocent first love.

Conspiracy and fate. I like it! Fate conspires against me all the time. I think I'll enjoy reading it. Now you're in the asylum with me, how do you aim to get out? Do you have an escape plan?

I will channel my inner voices to help me create poetic rhymes that hopefully doubles as spells and cast them on everyone, and if that doesn't work, I'm sure I have an ancestor who was a banshee at some point. I'll shatter all the doors with my scream like Lydia Martin from Teen Wolf. Voila! (Gosh, maybe we can also give the vents a try if all goes south?)

Vents? You expect them to give us fresh air? I'd go with the banshee idea, personally.

So that's Rythma. Going by her escape plan, I guess she'll be around for a while. She should make herself comfortable! This is more about her and where to find her.

Pretty much your average fangirl who decided to turn all the caffeine in her blood stream into words. Still laboriously climbing up the Author ladder and hopefully getting stronger and better at it as I go. Join me and let's go on adventures, lose our minds, find lost love and break hearts.

Website: https://rythmale.wordpress.com

Blog: http://achangeofhe-art.tumblr.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rythmale

Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/user/Rhythmwithlove

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NeverEnoughWP

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rythma_/