Last Goodbye

And here it is, the final moment and the last chapter of part 1. Yes, Normani is really leaving :'( It's bittersweet but I promise you all that things will get better.

I'll be starting on part 2 of the story next week where the girl's will be experiencing a time hop and things get a little messy. Be on the lookout!

Thank you all for supporting the story and following the journey, I've really enjoyed writing it!

.....................

The next morning, Lauren and Normani took their sweet time waking up. They spent some time in bed nursing the hangover that the both of them, especially Normani, were experiencing. Lauren took good care of her, giving her aspirin and water, brushing her hair lightly with her hand as Normani rested her head on her chest.

Her father had touched down the night before and he'd be coming at 3 to help her move her things out and onto the moving truck. Her plane left at 4.

Lauren had been a whirlwind of emotions that morning, trying not to cry and failing anytime she looked at Normani and remembered that she'd be leaving soon. She hated being so sensitive and couldn't understand how Normani was managing to keep it together.

The girl was like a boulder, too strong to move.

They got up once Normani assured Lauren that her headache was subsiding and started packing up what was left of her things. Lauren was at her desk putting the last of her books and school supplies into a box when she came across another photo she'd never seen before.

It was wallet size and there little Normani was in her flesh tone tights and black leotard, head held high, feet and hands in second position. She wasn't even looking towards the camera, her eyes were set in front of her at something that Lauren figured only she could see.

Probably her crazy bright future.

Lauren smiled as fresh tears developed in her eyes. She ran her thumbs across the photo and was once again so proud of the little girl in it. She'd turned into a beautiful woman and she was going to be a star.

Normani came up behind her and wrapped her arms around her neck. She chuckled when she noticed Lauren looking at the photo "My mom took that of me when I was 5, she said that afterwards I forced her to go away so that I could focus and practice in peace."

"You were determined then like you are now." Lauren said as she swiped her face clean. She sniffled and looked up at Normani, smiling.

Normani sighed and kissed her lips "You have to stop crying, Lauren. You're making me not want to leave at all."

Lauren shook her head and stood up, wrapping her arms around Normani's waist and pulling her into her "You're going, no matter how much I cry. You have to make the little you proud, make sure all of that hard work doesn't go to waste."

Normani smirked "Ok." She said gently and it was enough to calm Lauren's nerves "I want you to keep it." She said as she closed Lauren's fingers around the picture "So you'll remember that while I'm away chasing after one of my dreams I'll be thinking about my other one." She grabbed her chin lightly and kissed her again.

Lauren held the photo in her palm tighter and pressed it to her heart "I'll carry it with me everywhere." She promised as she leaned closer into Normani.

She ran her hand down the side of her face, a pained expression in her brown eyes. She dropped her arm down "I should shower and get ready."

Lauren nodded "Yeah, I'll give you some time. Call me when your dad gets here so that I can help you move out, ok?"