Liquid Courage

So I am so excited for you guys to read chapter four just because it's the most progressive of the chapters so far. We get to see a vulnerable side of both girls and I think it really sets everything up for the climax of the story. If you were wondering if Carter was going to be a big part of this story, he isn't. This is probably the last chapter you'll hear about him and the main conflict of the first part of this story will have nothing to do with a guy or another person in general.

 A couple of things I wanted to make known just in case you were wondering or questioning what's going on: I realize that the girls have become super close in the short span of three weeks but they've been spending basically all of their time together since they met so just think about it like that. Also, don't think too much into Normani's feelings for Lauren and vice versa just yet, the girls are no where near ready to pour their hearts out to one another.

Thank you guys for reading and supporting the story so far and I hope you all are liking the way it's progressing. 

Enjoy!

.............

3 weeks later

Lauren plopped down on the hot pink futon sofa in Ally's room and opened her laptop up. This had become Normani, Dinah, and Lauren's usual routine on Wednesday and Friday nights after they'd gotten into the swing of things and realized that they all had classes where they had no idea what they were doing. The three of them would grab snacks and pick a movie to watch for after they were done studying and then meet Ally at her room once she'd gotten off of work around 5:30.

Lauren always helped with English and any essays or papers that needed proof reading, Normani and Dinah were like math wizzes, and Ally was a jack of all trades and came in handy when one of the girls presented a problem that no one else could figure out.

Ally was also good with keeping the three of them focused whenever somebody got distracted unless there was some juicy gossip, then she'd allow breaks.

Lauren went into her backpack and pulled out her notebook, a pencil, and her calculator as Dinah came and sat down next to her "Alright, what did Dr. Keeko give you today?" Dinah asked referring to Lauren's math professor whose actual name was Dr. Keanu but she mispronounced once and Lauren never corrected her.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes "Pair-wise functions."

"Is this that voting stuff? Oh uh uh, Mani Lauren needs your help." She said as she got up and walked over to Ally's desk where her work was all laid out.

Normani, who was munching on a bag of Funyons, took Dinah's place on the couch and began reading what Lauren had written down in her notebook.

"I did most of it in class but I've been stuck on this one problem." She said as she tapped her pencil on the pad and waited for Normani to say something.

Normani nodded as she chewed "I think what you have to do is..." she took Lauren's pencil from her hand and began writing. Lauren sat back and attempted to follow what she was doing.

"You know," Ally began as she sat up on her bed "she's never gonna figure it out if you just do it for her, Mani." She scolded playfully.

Normani nodded "I know. But I like to try it out for myself and then explain it after, right Lauren?" she asked without looking up at either of them.

Lauren nodded quickly "Right. Totally. She's fine." That actually wasn't the truth and more times than none Normani would just answer the question for her without explaining it but she never understood it when Normani would attempt to take her over the steps and it was the only way she really ever got her math homework done so she just let her do it.