Dance Your Way Into My Heart

New update for you guys! We're definitely starting to get to the thick of the plot now and although I can't say it's going to get better anytime soon you will most definitely be getting a lot more Laurmani love. I know my usual pattern in previous chapters have been Lauren's POV and then Normani's but to really capture each girls feelings I'm going to be doing a different girl's POV each chapter from now on.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I'm looking forward to giving you all more.

Enjoy!

.....................

"You know you don't have to be so obvious when you stare at people, Dinah." Lauren joked as she watched her friend who'd been chewing on the same French fry and staring at a table of boys in front of them for about 10 minutes.

Her eyes focused as she turned her attention back to Lauren "Huh, what? Oh, I wasn't staring I was just...spaced out." She said as she put the fry she'd been working on in her mouth.

Lauren rolled her eyes "You sure you weren't checking out Trevor?" she teased.

Dinah sucked her teeth "Nope, I didn't even notice he was here."

Denying the obvious was Dinah's favorite game but Lauren knew her best friend well enough to know that she'd been crushing super hard on Trevor ever since they'd met him at a party that past weekend. It wasn't like her to act all shy about talking to a boy she liked so Lauren wondered just how serious this crush of hers was.

"If you like him just go over there and talk to him."

"Oh yeah right like you'd just walk up to somebody you liked and start speaking to them randomly. Shut up." She fussed as she dipped another fry in her ketchup and took a bite.

Lauren bit her lip "Touché."

She looked down at her food and suddenly she didn't have an appetite anymore. Ever since they'd gotten back from Thanksgiving break things had been really weird between her and Normani. She was still her normal self and she wasn't treating any of her friends any differently but still Lauren had this feeling that she might've been hiding something from them and from her.

She was rarely free to hang out anymore during the daytime and when one of them would ask her why she was so busy her response would always be really vague or really thought out to the point where they could always tell she was lying.

Dinah and Lauren had a couple of meetings in Ally's room to brainstorm some ideas of what Normani could've been up to before Ally shut it down and told them to just trust that Normani wasn't being fake and that she'd tell them all soon enough. Of course this just made the two of them more suspicious of Normani and now they were starting to believe that Ally was in on the secret too so they resorted to just talking about on the phone or whenever it was just the two of them hanging out.

"I'm honestly starting to think Normani is cheating on us with some other bitches." Dinah said only half-joking.

Lauren chuckled "Yeah, I'm sure that's what it is."

"No, I'm serious Lauren. Today she spazzed out on me after I asked her why she never has time to hang out with us anymore. She was all 'maybe I have better things to do'."

Lauren looked up from her food and raised an eyebrow, shocked and a little bit disheartened. That wasn't like the Normani she knew at all "What'd you say?"

"I told her that if she has better things to do then she should go and do them and she just shrugged her shoulders and left."

Lauren swallowed "So are you guys in a fight?"