D a y 28

The shop bell chimed, startling me off of the stool I sat on, clicking my nails and chewing my bottom lip, a bundle of nerves twisting in the pit of my stomach. I peeked at the customer that had just entered, my body relaxed. "Not Josh." I mumbled, gritting my teeth in anticipation as I wondered if he would make an appearance on the final day of the bet. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep since Josh's questioned continued to jam my brain, "That idiot," I sighed.

"What idiot? The one you hung up on yesterday?" A voice from over the counter spoke, stretching the rubber band in my chest as I nearly screamed in surprise. Josh only chuckled, both hands buried deep in his front pockets. "It's nice to see you too, pizza princess."

Gripping the wall behind me for dear life, I rested a hand atop my chest, heart racing. "Josh, you ass!" I cried, whipping off my cap and running a flustered hand through my wild head of hair. "Of course I hung up, you can't just ask something like that out of the blue-"

"I thought you'd find it sorta romantic." He frowned, hair flopping into his eyes. "So I guess I lost the bet and your answer is no." Josh murmured, blue eyes boring into mine just before he fished a couple of dollar bills out of his pocket and slapped them onto the counter. "One large meat lovers pizza please."

I froze, jaw unhinged, fingers tangled in my own hair. "Josh what-"

He stared straight ahead, a small smile on his lips before he gestured between us, "Our agreement? You won." He stated, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Sucking in a breath, I rolled my eyes before stepping around the counter, scooping up the cash and planting it in Josh's palm. "I haven't even given my verdict yet, Domino's boy." Before he could open his mouth to protest, I leaned forward, planting a small kiss on his cheek. "You won, Josh."

He blinked several times before the color rushed to his face, completely flabbergasted, he pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose before whispering, "I did?"

I couldn't help but grin, "Yes." Looping my arms around his neck I placed my cap on his head. "I like you a little more than pizza, unfortunately."

Josh pouted as he adjusted my cap on his head, "You're head is so small." He chuckled before wrapping both arms around my waist. "Glad I won, but you have yet to answer my question Alex." He spoke, voice low.

I scrunched my nose as if in thought, holding up a finger, I turned to my co-worker Misha, who was looking quite uncomfortable as he walked to the counter from his position in the kitchen. "Mind if I get off early?" I asked, gesturing to Josh with a tilt of my head.

Misha hesitated, flicking a stray crumb from the counter before nodding his head slowly, "As long as you come in early tomorrow."

I smiled before grabbing Josh's hand, "Thanks Mish." Leading him out of the pizzeria, I looked over to the park across the street. "Come on." Dragging him over to the play set, I climbed up the stairs and found a spot to sit, patting the area next to me.

Josh sat, he adjusted his glasses and gave a slight laugh at our intertwined fingers. "You're holding my hand." I heard him mumble, making me smile.

"You're such a dork." I chortled, reaching up to snatch my cap off his head when he turned to stare at me, eyes the size of the moon. His dark hair fell into his eyes, before he reached up to brush it away, I reached forward and moved the strands aside. "I'll be your girlfriend."

Josh's lips parted before he put his arms around me in a hug. "You're serious?" He asked, voice muffled against the crook of my neck. I nodded as he pulled away, his eyes searched my face, I scooted closer to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

Josh mumbled as he wrapped his arms around me and drew me closer. "My pizza chick."

**
FIN.
Sort of.