1. An Unfortunate Romance (HunterXCerise Songfic)

The end I moved back in,
Before you knew it,
I cheated on him.
__________________
Cerise and Hunter's relationship was growing by the minute. They'd talk in each other's dorm rooms and go out together, getting hocus lattes, and seeing movies at the Multihex. Until one fateful day when Cerise accidentally fell in love with Daring at Thronecoming.
__________________
Ooh, yeah.
That's what happens,
When you don't try.

You know I always thought about him,
Even when the other boys sneak in.
But infidelity never crossed my mind.
___________________
Instead of trying to fix she and Hunter's relationship, she continued to see Daring behind her boyfriends back. Cerise would always think about Hunter, even when Daring snuck into her room at night, but she never let it get to her. She would make herself forget about what connections that they used to have.
___________________
Wonderful, so wonderful.
But boy don't get too comfortable.
'Cause what we have's untouchable..
I, I, I...
___________________
She loved the thought of her and Daring being together, but she couldn't let him get too comfortable with their relationship. Deep down Cerise knew that her love for Hunter was unbreakable, untouchable even. Every time Hunter questioned where she had been she'd stutter, not being able to find the right words to say. It wasn't right, but she didn't care.
Or did she?
___________________
I stood deaf, till I stood dead.
Untied a knot in my wedding dress.
He got down on one knee and he said...

You love I.
You love I.
You love I.
Do I? Do I? Do I? Do I?
____________________
Weeks later, she broke off her relationship with Daring and Hunter forgave her for everything she'd done. They'd been dating for so long now, and now was the perfect time for a true commitment.

Hunter took Cerise out for a romantic dinner at her favorite restaurant. He couldn't wait to ask her to be his forever, and after his previous encounter with Ashlynn, he was hoping for the best. They both ordered their drinks and food and talked about future plans together. It was a good a time as any to pop the question while they were on the subject of life after high school.
The son of the infamous Huntsman stepped out of his chair and got down on one knee. He talked about the times that they shared, how they forgave one another, and he explained how much he really did love her while people nearby gushed over the romantic gesture. Then he finally said, "Cerise, Jane, Hood. You love I. Will you do me the honor of being my future wife?" Hunter asked. Cerise sat confused. She couldn't, it was too early. It wouldn't be right, after all she still had feelings for Daring. Do I? Do I? Do I? Do I? Cerise asked herself. She pondered the thought for a minute, and then, in a flash, dashed out the door. Leaving her now, ex boyfriend, alone and confused.
______________________
Uh oh, I move back out.
He invited me into his fancy house.
It's been so long, we might as well try.
_______________________
After breaking it off with Hunter, Cerise ran back to Daring. He welcomed her with open arms back into his golden, fancy, dorm. It's been a long time since they last saw each other. They figured that they might as well try again.
_______________________
Wonderful, so wonderful.
You turned my heart into a puppet show.
If you like me please let me know...
I, I, I...
_______________________
She'd been happy with Daring, but this time it was different. He showed her off, like a trophy, to all his friends and family members. He tugged at her heart strings, and played with her feelings, just like a typical jock. He was the puppet master, and she was his star marionette. Her head was spinning, so confused in her own thoughts. Someone who she thought that she loved, was so cold and mean, all she ever meant to him was a shiny bookball trophy. She had to know if Daring really loved her...
________________________
One day, the very first date,
He walked on over and he asked my name.
He could be the one to say...

You love I.
You love I.
You love I.
Do I? Do I? Do I? Do I?
_______________________
Cerise thought about the first time she really fell for Daring. She was standing alone at the Thronecoming dance when he walked over and apologized for calling her a damsel in distress. It was like asking what her name was, and what it meant, all over again. Cerise saw the glint in his eye, she thought maybe he could be the one to ask, she was right, but it wasn't the way she imagined.

Months passed by and it was just Daring and Cerise. She had broken up with Hunter and decided to be with Daring forever after. They took their love to the next level, maybe even too far. The prince was in too far deep. He had made the decision to propose on their 12 month anniversary. He was blinded by the feeling of perfection and power. The feeling pouring into his head by the minute. Everyday, hour, minute, and second was spent thinking of his soul mate. They planned a date on their celebration. Both of them sat in the red checkered booth, facing one another. It was one of those hot days, so Cerise unbuttoned the very top button on her dress, the closet to her neck. Daring took this as the perfect opportunity.

He existed the booth and pulled a small, velvet box from his pocket. He got down on one knee and said, "Cerise, Jane, Hood. I love you more than anything in this fairytale universe," Cerise was in shock. She couldn't believe he was doing this right now, right here, in front of everyone she knew. "Cerise, You love I. Will you marry me?" Daring asked. The restaurant was filled with "oohs", "ahhs", and plenty of "awws". She didn't know how to respond, what should she say? Did she really love Daring, or was it just a false relationship built on lies? Cerise didn't know anymore. Her heart skipped a beat when she remembered when Hunter had asked her the same question, in the same way. She instantly regretted bailing on him and wished that he was still here. He would've treated her better than Daring did. It was all my fault she told herself as tears began to leak from her eyes and flow down her cheeks. Daring sat in the same position with a rushed look on his face, as if he was expecting her to accept his proposal, he then cleared his throat as his eyes darted back and forth from the crowd of people behind him, "I don't know...Do I love you Daring?" Cerise questioned herself and the blond haired boy kneeling in front of her. The prince was in shock and so was everyone else, people began to murmur and whisper about the two of them, Daring then grabbed her arm and whispered into her ear, "Cerise what the hex are you doing?!" Daring whisper yelled, anger hinting in his voice, "I'm fighting for myself." The girl replied, yanking herself from Daring's strong grip.
_________________________
I love you.
I love you.
I love you.
I do, I do, I do, I do.
__________________________

Just then Hunter bursted through the clear, stainless glass, doors, searching the room for the girl he still loved. "Cerise!" He called out, immediately grabbing the attention of her, "H-Hunter?" Cerise asked. The well built boy nodded. They both ran to each other, embracing once they met in the middle. "I'm so sorry." Cerise cried, "I'm sorry too." Hunter said, stroking Cerise's hair as she sobbed, "H-hunter..." She paused, "I-I love you." She admitted. Hunter stood shocked, but then let out a small laugh, "I love you, too Cerise." He said, still embracing the girl, "I do, I do, I do, I do." They both finished.

And they both lived, and loved, Happily Ever After.
_________________________________________________
Okay this was my first songfic ever, and I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out!
Yeah, Herise is bae.
Also, the song is called You Love I by Melanie Martinez 💜💜💜💜