Chapter 7. I Love You!

The night went fast and honestly, I was glad to get home so I could see Kaoru.

"Hey Kaoru. I'm back." I sing walking into my room. No doubt he was there.

"Hey." He croaks rubbing his eyes. He had a book in his other hand so he must have fallen asleep while reading. He still hasn't changed out of his daily clothes...Silly boy.

"Did you have a good night?" He questions me getting out of bed.

"It was alright... Glad to be home." I admit. I watch as he nods in agreement.

 "I overheard what you said to Naoko... What are you hiding from me?" I jump to the point.

 "I-I don't know why you're talking about..." He stutters pacing around the room.

"Don't lie to me. What are you hiding from me?" I ask again.

 "I have nothing to hide." He mumbles.

"I'm not an idiot Kaoru! Why are you keeping a secret from me?"

 I raise my voice.

"Hikaru, really it's nothing." He groans turning towards me.

 "Obviously it's something! If it’s nothing, then why won't you tell me?" I whine slamming the door shut.

"Hikaru! It's nothing!" He yells.

"Then tell me!" I yell back.

"It's nothing!" He raises his hands to his head.

"Just tell me! Seriously Kaoru! Why must you be so over dramatic?! Honesty! You are being such a brat right now! Why can't you tell me? You can tell some random girl your problems but not me?! I'm your brother! Sometimes I wonder why I'm your brother! Just tell me!" I yell my lungs out at him.

"Kaoru. Just bloody tell-" I keep on going when he suddenly stops me.

"I love you Hikaru! Okay?! I love you!" He cries out as he runs out the door. He loves me? Really? That's all he was 'hiding' from me? I don't get why that was so secretive? We're brothers! Of course he would love me.

"Kaoru! Come back!" I call out to him as I follow him out the house.

"Kaoru!" I repeat myself as I catch up to him and take a hold of his arm.

"Kaoru! Why are complaining so much? Of course you love me! We're brothers! I love you too!" I say to him. I feel him pull away from grip before saying,

"You don't get it do you? Obviously there's got to be more to it. I wouldn't be acting like this if it was in a brotherly way. Oh, and by the way... I know who you kissed that night when you kissed that random person." He spits walking away.

"Who was it? Who was the person I kissed?!" I yell standing my ground.

 "You're looking right at 'em" He shouts as he continues walking away, not looking back. Looking right at them? But that means... I kissed Kaoru?! I kissed my brother?! B-but I felt sparks and saw fireworks! This is wrong! He's lying! And he said he wouldn't be acting like this if he loved me like a brother... Does this mean he loves me like, like a lover?! No! He's just playing around with me! I'm so confused! Instead of chasing after him I decided to go home. I'll let him calm down by himself. It's probably best for him. As I walked into my room, I notice Kaoru's phone on my bed side table. I knew is pass lock so I decided to snoop around. I went straight to his messages to Naoko. I scrolled back a little so I could see what he’s been saying.

1:26 pm Monday:

Naoko: Just take it easy.

Kaoru: I don’t know if I should tell him or...I might not... It may ruin our relationship.