Chapter 2

*Later that night*

"Hikaru, I'm cold. Do you think we could get another blanket?" I whine to my brother as I turn towards him.

"But I'm not cold though. Getting another blanket will only make me hot." Hikaru argues looking into my eyes. Even though we are twins and we're identical, Hikaru always seemed to have the better looking eyes. They seem to shimmer in the light and they are just so calm. 

Wait... What am I saying? That's my brother I'm talking about?

"What's wrong Kaoru?" Hikaru asks grabbing a hold of my hand.

"N-Nothing. I'm tired. Night." I stutter, pulling my hand away as I roll over facing away from him.

"Okay...Goodnight then." Hikaru mumbles turning the lamp off. I could hear he sounded hurt by the way I acted. I kind of regret just turning around and ignoring him, but that random rush of admiration for his eyes made me feel weird and unusual. It just didn't feel right. But at the same time, it did...

The next day I awoke to Hikaru's face right in front of mine. His soft snores making me chuckle with amusement. I checked the clock and realised I still had another half an hour before I had to get up and get ready for school. I wasn't tired though... I was thinking about getting up and getting ready, but it was so cold. I would rather stay in bed, nice and warm next to Hikaru. 

He was warm.
He was cuddly.
He was him.

"Kaoru? What are you staring at? Do I have something on my face?" Hikaru's sexy morning voice calls through my head. 

What the hell? Did I just say sexy? 

"U-uh... Yeah! Here, let me get that for you." I awkwardly laugh as I rub off an imaginary stain off his face.

"Thanks Kaoru." He croaks grinning at me.

"I think it's time to get up." I pipe up. Hikaru simply nods in agreement before getting up and climbing over me to get his wardrobe. Without hesitation, my hands shoot up and land on either side of Hikaru's waist.

"Uh, Kaoru?" Hikaru coughs.

"Um...Uh...S-sorry... I thought you were going to fall..." I stutter nervous as I bring my arms back to my chest.

"Don't be silly Kaoru." He laughs continuing his journey. What is wrong with me? First I think about how beautiful he looks, than I grab a hold of him. This isn't normal.

"Come on lazy ass. Get changed and come downstairs." Hikaru smiles with a wink. I knew that wink meant nothing. It was only out of brotherly love.

"Hey guys, you finally made it. We ended up doing no themes today, so don't worry about changing." Kyoya explains as we walk through the door. With this morning's incident I tried my best to keep my mind on other things.

"Hey guys. How are you?" Haruhi questions walking up to us.

"We're good." We both answer at the same time. I look over to Hikaru, noticing the way he looks at Haruhi with such adoring eyes. I know he's wanted to be more than just friends with her but, selfish as it sounds, I don't want that to happen. 

"That's good! I hope you two have a fun day with the girls. I'll talk to you guys later." Haruhi smiles before skipping off. The ladies begin to wander into the old music room as Hikaru and I take our usual spots. Our guests for the day sit opposite us, smiles printed on their faces. I couldn't help but have my mind replay this mornings incident. Was I only doing it out of brotherly love or was it something more?