ODE TO MY OLD LOVER

This goes to my old lover / the girl with freckled skin / you told me not to be myself / I obeyed like your priest in church / they do say straight girls should not be trusted / they say they'll always break your heart / but there was something about you / something that I couldn't let pass.

This goes to my old lover / the pretty boy with curly hair / the truth is we never were lovers / the truth is we were just friends / but your girlfriend never liked me / she called me bitch and slut / and even though you broke up with her / you and I were never alone.

This goes to my old lover / the one that never knew my name / your blue eyes and white skin were never really my thing / but you were so sweet and caring / a boy I should adore / you never cared about me though / so why should I stop and bawl?

This goes to my old lover / the one I called best friend / for days and nights I only wanted you / only wanted to hold your hand / damn you for never letting me / damn you for pushing me away / you never stopped to wonder / if I truly was in pain / oh, when will I ever learn?

This goes to my old lover / the girl with red hair / you're a reflection of myself / of my annoying, younger self / perhaps I never loved you / perhaps I never cared / 'cos lately I have the tendency, of confusing other's feelings with myself.

Perhaps I'll never truly learn.