Chapter 13 - Confessions

Chapter 13

Confessions

Abyss

Killing dragons has always been my specialty. I've hated them since I was a young child. When I was five, I finally got a good reason to.

My family lived in the country, far from anyone else. We were near a community of dragons, but didn't know it. One horrible day, the dragons came and killed my mother, father, and older sister. I was the only survivor.

I was later adopted by a young couple who didn't know about my past. They were nice to me, but I still wanted a real family. They later had a little boy, Oliver. He chose to go by Obsidian as a teenager.

When I was 17, I decided to avenge my family. I formed the Blood Seekers, made up of 10-year-old Obsidian and his friends. I paid them huge amounts of money to kill dragons for me. Because of the cash prize, many of them did so. A few years later, I used black magic to transform myself into my present form. I figured that more people would trust me if they didn't know who I truly was. Little did I know the spell was irreversible.

I felt wonderful knowing Obsidian had killed so many dragons that night. True, they weren't the red and black dragons that killed my family. But they were bloodthirsty dragons nonetheless.

One thing I was disappointed about was that Obsidian had failed to kill Marlene. Marlene looked a lot like one of the dragons that had killed my family so many years ago. I needed to kill her. It was my duty.