He walked out and disappeared down the hall.

I thought for a second, and jumped up from the bed and followed him, leaving Dave in my room.

"Hey!" I yelled as I spotted him just about to enter the elevator.

He turned around in surprise. I grabbed a pen from the reception desk and walked up to him.

"Here's my number, I'd like to talk to you some more if that's okay." I said and wrote my number on his arm. He gave me a small smile before writing his number on my arm. I figured Dave would have some questions about this but I didn't care.

Then he waved and walked into the elevator. I stood and watched as the doors shut.

---|-/---

"So I figured I should stay for a couple of days" Dave said as he was driving me home from the hospital.

He had stayed the night with me, sleeping in the chair next to my bed.

I watched him from the passenger seat, but he was too focused on the road to notice.

Dave was my best friend, he really was.

We had been a couple for two years now, and friends for five.

I had called the girl I was supposed to meet and told her what happened, and she said she was sorry and that she couldn't wait so she had to rent out the room to someone else. I didn't really had the energy to move anyway so I decided to stay in the hostel for a while longer.

"Maybe we should go out to eat?" Dave suggested as we came up to the room.

"I don't really want to go out tonight" I shrugged and sat down on the bed. I still couldn't think straight.

"Thats okay, we can order in" He said and sat down too.

I was so lucky to have him here. I took his hand in mine and rested my head on his shoulder.

I closed my eyes, and his eyes flashed through my mind. Glittering, like fire.

My heart stopped and I sat up again. That wasn't Dave's eyes.

I looked over to him and he was playing with his phone. He didn't seem to have noticed my mood change.

I looked down on my hands while trying to hold back the tears.

We ordered some pizza and watched a movie, and Dave talked about all the things he'd been doing since I left. He had been to three soccer games, two parties and he had dinner at his mom's at least two times a week.

I heard him talking, but wasn't really listening. In my mind I was going over the accident over and over.

"You're a fast learner" he chuckled and shot a big smile towards me. His eyes were litterally glittering, like fire.

I could see the explosion reflect through his eyes.

---|-/---

:.:JOSH:.:

I found myself wandering around the apartment with no goal, and then sitting down on the windowsill, looking out on the city below me. If I shut out my mind, everything seemed normal. No trace from the accident. Except for my insomnia and screaming thoughts that is.

Her ocean eyes were glued to my brain, I saw them in everything I did, even when I tried closing mine.

I could've easily drowned in them if she'd let me.

I felt as if I had gotten a new chance at life. I lived, and I had to cherise that.

I was awakened from my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing. I found it in the couch hiding under the cushins, and when I picked it up, Ellies number was on the screen. Was she okay? I answered quickly.

"Hello?"

"...Hi" a small voice answered.

"Are you okay, Ellie?" I asked concerned. She sounded distant.

It took her a while to answer my question, and my thoughts were racing. I looked over at the clock hanging on my kitchen wall, it was two in the morning.

"I'm at the accident scene" she said through the phone.

"What? What the hell are you doing there?" I thought her boyfriend was still in town? Maybe he left.

"Can I come over?" she asked silently.

"Yeah of course" I gave her the adress and she said she'd be here in a few minutes.

I hung up the phone and looked around me in my apartment. I wasn't really the messy kind, I didn't like clothes on the floor or dirty dishes in the kitchen sink. Not that it mattered, she wouldn't have cared about that.

About ten minutes later the doorbell rang and I walked over to open it.

She was soaking wet, it had started raining since we talked.

"Hi" She said in a low voice.

"Hi" I said and led her in the apartment.

"I'm sorry for coming here, I just couldn't... stay"

"Isn't your boyfriend still here?" asked concerned. I sure hope he didn't leave her alone with this.

"Yeah he's at the hostel..."

I was confused. If he was there, why was she here?

"He fell asleep" She said as if she could read my mind. "He doesn't get it. He didn't even ask me if I were okay, he just talked about my parents being worried and some stupid soccer game he had been to. And then he fell asleep." she sighed and started walking around in the room.

"I haven't been sleeping since the accident, I haven't been able to focus my thoughts, it's just a blur and my mind is racing." she cried out.

"I haven't slept either, as you can see" I said referring to my tired looking face.

"Yeah, you look like a ghost" she smiled.

"You too... You want to not sleep here tonight? We can sit and talk, and I can order some food if you'd like."

She nodded in response, so I picked up the phone and dialled a number.

"Is chineese food okay?"

"Yeah sure. Can I use your bathroom?"

I pointed in the direction to the bathroom while making the call.

I sat down in the couch and after a few minutes Ellie joined me.

The food was here in under fifteen minutes, and I payed the delivery guy and got back to the couch with the food.

"Have you heard anything more about the accident?" She asked me while she started eating.

"It was all over the news today. They think it was a broken cable that caused it. When they entered the tunnel it connected to another cable that caused a shock down to the engine..." I had been watching the news all day, it was hard but I couldn't stop myself.

"How many...." Ellie started but her voice cracked.

"The last number I heard was 21."

We sat in silence for a while, I think we were both still in shock.