three

malia
I knew exactly what I was going to do.

If I wanted to get them all together, I would have to manipulate them.

text messages
{to Scott}
malia: Would you guys like to come over tonight for dinner at 6:45?
scott: sure! allison and I can come. riley can not. club meetings.

{to derek}
malia:Would you guys like to come over tonight for dinner at 6:45?
derek: yes. we can all come.

I raced home in my car to get ready for the evening. Everyone would arrive at the perfect time!

lucas

I had never been so nervous. It was Maya's first day and I've already made a decent friendship with her. Even putting aside the facts like I don't even know her that well, she seems to very interested.

Once my mom left on whatever errand she was after, we ran upstairs. Maya sat down on my bed and I leaned out into the hall to listen for the door to close.

I motioned her out the door. "C'mon, I'll show you some special places and the woods."

I could tell she was uncomfortable. "hey." Maya looked up, smiled and got up.

<<<

I first took her to the Animal Clinic. Scott became the new head doctor after Deaton passed the place onto him. When we came to the back entrance, Maya looked very skeptical.

I remember being the same way when my mom took me here. A young, fragile 10 year old with no sense or capability to use my powers.

Maya looked nearly the same way I did back then.

"Well," I started, "this is a very important place."

"An animal clinic?"

"Riley's dad owns this place. During normal times, he's a Veterinarian, but when problems occur with wolfs, he has all the right medicine and tools."

I unlocked the back door and walked inside.

It seemed there was no one there.

I kind of scratched my head and turned around. "So, no one is really here so let's go. Sorry to drag you out here."

She shrugged and ran her fingernails across the operation table examining all Scott's materials. "Oh, it's okay. This place is cool."

We walked out as I locked the back door.

maya

Walking in the woods felt so nice. The sound of crunching leaves and birds chirping together were so pleasing to hear combined.

Then it started to rain.

We ran back to his house, giggling with our coats over our heads. But, then it actually started to legitimately pour.

Lucas turned around, flashed his eyes, and took off at a speed that could be unimaginable for a human. As I strived to run the same speed, my body, (which didn't exercise often) didn't allow me to take such a speed.

I slowed down and followed his scent.

It eventually led back to his house where I surprising wasn't too far behind. Lucas had both his hands on top of his head trying to cool down.

"Lucas you're really fast" I said while trying to steady my breath.

"I...uh...run for... track." He seemed to also be trying to steady his breathing. We both wobbled over to his house's back door. Lucas shoved open the screen door and stepped inside. "MOM?" He yelled.

"IN THE KITCHEN!" Malia shouted back.

I followed Lucas through a maze of a house and into a large, white kitchen. It was decorated well, with teal accents and perfect little succulents.

Malia was pressing little beef patties into circles, then putting them on a plate.

"Maya! Your parents and couple of other friends of ours are coming over for dinner! We are having a cookout!" Malia shined her white, pearly teeth in excitement, but then frowned upon looking outside. "I guess we'll eat inside!" She shoved a smile back on her face and went back down to preparing the meat.

I do not exactly know why she was so perky, but I gave me a good vibe.

please vote and comment ;)