Chapter 14 Too Late to Apologize

I go to bed frustrated. My dreams are filled with rage; many them are twisted, bizarre versions of stuff that has already happened. The nightmares leave me restless; I toss and turn throughout the night. I am awoken by a loud screech coming over the intercom. I shoot out of bed and onto the floor with bloodshot eyes.

"All inhabitants of the academy have twenty minutes to prepare themselves for the day. Afterward, make your way to the cafeteria for breakfast," the robotic announcer informs.

I let out a long, aggravated sigh and drag myself to my closet, I pick out all the clothes I will need and throw them on the bed. I walk into the small powder room inside my room wash my face and brush my teeth. Then I exit, change into my clean clothes and fix my hair. I walk out of my room and see groups of other students headed to the cafeteria. I walk with the crowd listening to their conversations.

A boy to my right, with short curly blond hair, and wide-rimmed, metal glasses, is talking so excitedly I eavesdrop on his conversation.

"He is so cool, his hair is perfect and he is so tall," he chatters. "Last night I ended up in the shower stall next to him, let me tell you, Kylo Ren is shredded. He has an eight pack."

The boy next to the blond one rolls his eyes and sighs, clearly uninterested. But at the mention of Kylo's name, I tense up. For the remainder of the walk to the cafeteria, I listen to the blond boy talk on and on about Kylo Ren. When I arrive in the cafeteria, I grab a tray and walk through the line to get my food. Afterward, I look around the room for Eon; I quickly find him. I rush over to him and catch him right before he moves away from the lunch line.

"Hello Eon," I say after tapping his shoulder.

"Good morning (Y/n). How are you," he questions.

"Who is that blond curly headed boy," I say ignoring his question and pointing to the one I was listening to in the hallway.

Eon gives a bit of an irritated sigh. "That is Matt, he is a radar technician here and he seems to be a little obsessed with Kylo Ren. Last night in the shower he just kinda stared at Ren."

Eon walks away and I start to follow him until I realize that the table he is walking to is inhabited by the little purple haired bitch herself, Cybella and her forever present training partner Kylo Ren. I immediately turn around and walk to the other side of the cafeteria. I take a seat next to Matt. He looks at me with confusion, then looks at the empty seats around us.

"Uh, hi," Matt says awkwardly.

I stop chewing my food, swallow it and respond. "Hello, Matt."

He gasps and squints at me. "How do you know my name" he questions.

"I was walking next to you in the hall and I asked someone who you were."

"Oh," he says simply. "So, who are you" he inquires.

"My name is (Y/n), I'm a new student" I counter.

"You are the girl that came in with Kylo Ren" he gasps. I roll my eyes and nod. I am not going to stay under his shadow I am more than some puppy dog girl that was blinded by Ren.

Almost on cue, a tall shadow looms over me. I try my best to ignore him, I can sense exactly who it is. He clears his throat and stands awkwardly behind me. I continue to ignore him.

"So, Matt, what's new with you," I ask. But Matt's eyes are glued to the person behind me.

I can see his shadow shift awkwardly behind me, a huff of annoyance escaping his mouth. I continue to stare forward, purposely taking slow bites of my breakfast. I smile, knowing that Kylo is crawling in his skin at the fact that I won't acknowledge him. Next thing I know I hear movement behind me, my smile fades when I feel warm breath on my neck. My eyes widen, I stare straight but I have no idea what is coming next.